QUESTION - LED Light Strip Controlled by Raspberry Pi Camera

Portables
I have a christmas party to go to tonight, and I was interested in making a cool light up sweater using LED light strips, and controlling the colors of it using the raspberry pi camera so it reflects whatever the camera sees, but after researching a little I found no information on how to do this!

Is there any way to use the color output of the Raspberry Pi camera to change the color of an LED Light Strip?

Portables
Almost One :)
If you had some way of taking the average RGB color that the camera sees, you could use that number to drive the RGB components of a RGB led that has independently and simultaneously biasable RGB components, recreating the color that the camera sees.

It is such an interesting idea. You can try with an led light strip or led light bulb. I think the best variant would be to order from amazon light bulbs. The smart light bulbs are the perfect ones for this costume as they are smart with innovative features. The color can change so many times as it has 16 million variants. Also, you can add some music, which could serve as a great effect. Besides that, you can install Alexa and google assistant, 48 preset scenes and connect to wifi. These variants could make your costume look the most original and differentiate yourself from other commonplace costumes.

Last edited: