Question Video signal capacitors

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
Those big capacitors along the side of the GPU that the video signals pass through, can you do without them? I see them left on the standard trim but not on other trims.

BocuD

Portables
You can remove them, but it might affect video quality. I never had any change in video quality due to removing them but you might. If you have the room, keep em.

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
And those tiny filters (?) right before the traces gets to the port, is it the same thing with those?
upload_2018-12-14_7-32-26.png

BocuD

Portables
No, those are required. If you need space just desolder the large caps, but don't change anything about the shape of the OMGWTF trim.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
No, those are required. If you need space just desolder the large caps, but don't change anything about the shape of the OMGWTF trim.
How are they required if you can remove the big electrolytic caps? Come on, think a bit before you speak

BocuD

Portables
How are they required if you can remove the big electrolytic caps? Come on, think a bit before you speak
Oh F
I thought he meant the SMDs next to the AVE
Sorry didnt notice the pic was of the smds next to the AV port. Yeah ur right, those arent required.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Oh F
I thought he meant the SMDs next to the AVE
Sorry didnt notice the pic was of the smds next to the AV port. Yeah ur right, those arent required.
Alright BocuD, this is enough.
On BitBuilt people come to learn how to make portables or modding in general. Me, the staff and many other members invest/have invested so many hours of our time to make guides, tools or simply to post on this forum to help people and allow them to avoid making common mistakes.
You have been caught multiple times doing wrong things even after we told you not to and even worse you have given lots of wrong tips to users asking for help. Next time I see you posting anything without thinking a bit about what you're writing I won't esitate from banning you. We (the staff) have been talking about your bad behavior for months.
You have been warned.