Discussion PowerMii call for contribution

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I would like to but how do I donate the money ?
Click the yellow "Donate" button in Aurelio's post signature, input $10 into the amount box, login to paypal and click confirm.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
@Enrique if you’re on mobile and don’t see Aurelio’s sig, turn your phone sideways. It should appear with your phone in landscape.

nobble

I just saw the update to send the payment. I will send within a day. I had to transfer funds to my PayPal. I'll message you when I send it! Sorry for the lateness.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Aurelio is lying to all of you. He's accumulating this money to fly to the US and start his hostile takeover of inferior pizza chains.

Portables
0 :(
Been watching the wrong thread I'm on the spreadsheet but haven't paid yet is it to late

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Been watching the wrong thread I'm on the spreadsheet but haven't paid yet is it to late
This thread was to raise money to have a prototype made in anticipation of a full release run. Contribution was optional and the final order number hasn't been determined, you haven't missed out.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello everyone. It's been a long time before I gave any update on this. Most of you know that there has been a stock issue with some of the parts required for PowerMii, so I couldn't start its production. This has finally changed, digikey has like 60k parts of the regs used by PowerMii, but they are going down quickly (about 3-4k lower per day). Therefore this is the time to actually start ordering the boards.
This is the list of the users that have made the prototype possible, with the amount put in by each one:
jefflongo - $10
Gman - $10
BlueShadow - $10
Stitches - $30
Shank - $30
Dave Mackintosh - $10
fibbef - $10
Madmorda - $10
ghostavel - $10
cheese - $15
Fawaz_DJ - $10
Crazzyleprechaun - $10
GingerOfOz - $10
Enrique - $10
BocuD - $10
nold - $10
Tedzors - $10
nobble - $10
Oaisus - $10
Pacal - $10
If there is any mistake or if I skipped someone let me know.
In order to start the production I would need you to let me know ASAP if you are still interested in buying a board, and in that case you would have to pay for the rest of the cost.
If you are not interested anymore in getting this I would totally understand, in that case let me know if you want a refund.
Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
I read through this whole post, and if I missed the answer, my bad. But will the files be released like you did the GC+? I'm not asking to be greedy or anything like that. Because you released the GC+ files, I was able to get a decent handle on board design when I incorperated it into mine and put it all together. Without access to that, I don't think I would have attempted making my own board. And I still wouldn't have any idea how to design, route, place parts on boards, and things like. It also helped me learned to flash chips and solder small surface mount components. It was a fantastic learning experience and I can't thank you enough for it. If this was released in the same way, I'd imagine I'd learn even more. But if not, then no worries. I get it. You put a lot of time and effort into it, so I wouldn't expect you to give away all your secrets for free.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I wouldn't expect you to give away all your secrets for free.
I will though :P
Most of the project will be released open source after the first production batch. I will release both the firmware and the PCB design files. I won't release the WiiHUD code, not soon at least; I will release it as part of a bigger project I am working on.