Worklog NGCP by Nikoil - Finished

This build is the best one yet, period. That case is amazing!!! How did you make it? It looks like you had a custom mold made?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I ended up coming here because I just saw your video on YouTube, very good your project, are you an engineer?

Power board

When I started doing the project I wanted to take out the power board from the console and just extend the wires. This did not work because of the long wire, the console was not turn on. There were large voltage losses. When I tried to calibrate the power supply, i burned it))). In the photo, the first version of the board with usb 12v dc in, video output, volume control and z buttons.

After this fail, I realized that the only correct solution would be to integrate the power board into the console. The ratio of the sizes dc pcb and my GC seen in this photo

Since I had to urgently looking for a replacement dc, I bought a pal gc because ntsc in my country not available.
The power supply was 4-layered. This is a very difficult task.

I had to make a 4-layer power supply of smaller dimensions, and then turn it into a two-layer board. And I did it. See animation.

The power supply did not work right away. There were many problems. When he began to work stably I was not satisfied because there was no free space for speaker.

I removed a lot of spare parts from the unit.
After removing few components i can make board ~ 25% smaller. Now there is where to put the speakers. On dc borad i intagrated a mini Usb 12v in, L \ R analog and digital + Z buttons.

Spares for this board i buy on Ebay. Seller send me from Japan 3x power board. Now left ~2 month. No parcel yet. I think it was stolen((( I had to buy several not original parts and mosfet.

And internal power board - FINISHED

this i think is amazing you made a new modified power board this is new to me i have never seen this