Worklog PS2p -compo entry

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Portablizing is 80% reading, 20% sanding, 15% fixing mistakes, and 1% making cool things.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I finished painting the case, it looks nice in my opinion. I wish I could show you but it is drying.

Had a weird problem with my controller pcb, so I took a break to do some wiring on the ps2 motherboard. I implemented the ps2 autoboot into PowerS2 and basically rewrote the whole code since I originally wrote it months ago and it was not good
20180722_155032.jpg
20180722_141339.jpg

My LM49450 digital audio amp for PS2. I made this pcb as a proof of concept before I integrate it into my controller board. I am happy that after taking a few measurements from the I2S ps2 audio, and guessing on some others, the code made sound first try :awesome:

View attachment 6272
Looks great! Is a circuit you would be willing to share? Am knocking my head against the wall with the LM49450 at the moment.. If not, a point in the right direction would be great:)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Looks great! Is a circuit you would be willing to share? Am knocking my head against the wall with the LM49450 at the moment.. If not, a point in the right direction would be great:)
The LM49450 is fairly easy to use. Follow the schematic circuit at page 2 of the datasheet. You then need a microcontroller able to configure the amp through i2c

The LM49450 is fairly easy to use. Follow the schematic circuit at page 2 of the datasheet. You then need a microcontroller able to configure the amp through i2c
Thanks for your reply. The schematic looks fairly straight forward. I was mainly wondering what the other chip on the board was, as I can't figure it out from the images? I'm planning on using a Rpi to configure the amp.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for your reply. The schematic looks fairly straight forward. I was mainly wondering what the other chip on the board was, as I can't figure it out from the images? I'm planning on using a Rpi to configure the amp.
It's a PIC microcontroller that is only used for i2c driving. You can also use the raspberry Pi if you want (it supports i2c).

Syandi

Sir can you make me 1 of that ps2p i wqnt order it im from indonesia..

Portables
Sir can you make me 1 of that ps2p i wqnt order it im from indonesia..
Portables take a ton of work to make. Unless someone says they're making more of a specific portable, or that they're doing commissions, you might as well attempt making your own :)

It's a PIC microcontroller that is only used for i2c driving. You can also use the raspberry Pi if you want (it supports i2c).
So I made up a test board for the LM. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction as to what capacitors to use? Can't for the life of me figure it out.

Attachments

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So I made up a test board for the LM. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction as to what capacitors to use? Can't for the life of me figure it out.
Sure.
Schermata 2018-10-16 alle 12.05.42.png

Would you mind letting me know which micro controller youre using? Turns out the RPI doesn't support MCLK output sync.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Would you mind letting me know which micro controller youre using? Turns out the RPI doesn't support MCLK output sync.
I thought you were using the pi only to drive i2c, not i2s (which I thought was from the PS2). Anyway I am doing everything on the Wii (both i2c and i2s).