Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

This is untested, but I think it should work. To use this patch, unzip the "hacks_hash.ini" file in /apps/priiloader/ on your USB drive (create the folder if needed), then boot priiloader, go in the "System Hacks" menu and enable the "Force VGA" patch. Then save and try booting the system menu
Is this to use your vga patch to access the system menu? Or to enable 480p through homebrew rather than the system menu you mentioned a couple posts ago in response to my question? And thank you for this! I will try this patch as well!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Is this to use your vga patch to access the system menu? Or to enable 480p through homebrew rather than the system menu you mentioned a couple posts ago in response to my question? And thank you for this! I will try this patch as well!
It is to enable VGA in the system menu. The homebrew will take a bit of time to do, but if this patch works you should be able to use the system menu to enable 480p, so the homebrew is not needed anymore

Portables
This is untested, but I think it should work. To use this patch, unzip the "hacks_hash.ini" file in /apps/priiloader/ on your USB drive (create the folder if needed), then boot priiloader, go in the "System Hacks" menu and enable the "Force VGA" patch. Then save and try booting the system menu
REALLY?
You're awesome!!!
I'will test this tomorrow
Thank you so much, you're a really great man

@Aurelio

Well, I "Forced VGA" and get just a black screen when trying to go to the system menu unfortunately. It didn't work for me but maybe somebody else it could work for? Like Koski_90 said, no rush of course, but thank you for trying!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio

Well, I "Forced VGA" and get just a black screen when trying to go to the system menu unfortunately. It didn't work for me but maybe somebody else it could work for? Like Koski_90 said, no rush of course, but thank you for trying!
Hmmm I might have set something wrongly. As I said, ot was untested. I will check the patch tomorrow, maybe I made a stupid mistake

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have verified the patch once again and it seems correct. @thedrew can you give me details on your current setup? Does everything else work?
Also @Koksi_90 can you try it as well? I wonder if the patch requires 480p already enabled. In that case I would have to make that homebrew I was talking about previously

@Aurelio

I'm getting the RGB signal from the array of large silver capacitors on the end of the Wii motherboard. I'm then getting H and V directly from the AV chip from your pinout. I also followed your guide to enable the VGA patch in priiloader and also enabled the force VGA option as well for the system menu to get 480i.

I'm using this screen.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Controller...948713&hash=item1a34abf53b:g:ZK0AAOSwC6har14q

Other than my image being a little glitchy, possibly from not setting the console to 480p after restoring it, everything still works except the system menu as Im just getting a black screen. I'm trying to boot it from priiloader and choosing to launch the system menu. It works on the same screen through composite, just not VGA.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio

I'm getting the RGB signal from the array of large silver capacitors on the end of the Wii motherboard. I'm then getting H and V directly from the AV chip from your pinout. I also followed your guide to enable the VGA patch in priiloader and also enabled the force VGA option as well for the system menu to get 480i.

I'm using this screen.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Controller...948713&hash=item1a34abf53b:g:ZK0AAOSwC6har14q

Other than my image being a little glitchy, possibly from not setting the console to 480p after restoring it, everything still works except the system menu as Im just getting a black screen. I'm trying to boot it from priiloader and choosing to launch the system menu. It works on the same screen through composite, just not VGA.
Hang on you mean that the system menu works for you in composite even with the patch enabled? Do you have the mode pin set to 3.3V?

Portables
give me an hour to try that, but will this also activate VGA in Priiloader?
Because I have always a blackscreen in Priiloader

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
give me an hour to try that, but will this also activate VGA in Priiloader?
Because I have always a blackscreen in Priiloader
Uhm VGA in priiloader should already work. Is anybody else having the same issue?
Koksi try reinstalling the VGA patched priiloader.

Portables
Uhm VGA in priiloader should already work. Is anybody else having the same issue?
Koksi try reinstalling the VGA patched priiloader.
This is not so easy :(
.I have to do that blind, because my composite is broken and everything else is working :D.
So i think i will try that on my second wii

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
This is not so easy :(
.I have to do that blind, because my composite is broken and everything else is working :D.
So i think i will try that on my second wii
Run the installer from the VGA patched postloader. It should be in VGA

Hang on you mean that the system menu works for you in composite even with the patch enabled? Do you have the mode pin set to 3.3V?
Sorry I should have been more specific. I have to desolder my wire from 3.3v to mode and then composite works.

Priiloader works for me in VGA btw :D

Portables
I updated the Priiloader and now it is working
It is really nice to see something when i update the VGA patch :D
I think the error was because i used a old version where you removed MX error.
Thank you again, now i will try the system menu patch

Portables
Sorry for double post, but when i try to open the System Menu Hacks in Priiloader i get:
"Syntax error : missing '[' before 'n' @ line 1
Can't find fat:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
Can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND"

But i created the folder and there is no error in the name.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sorry for double post, but when i try to open the System Menu Hacks in Priiloader i get:
"Syntax error : missing '[' before 'n' @ line 1
Can't find fat:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
Can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND"

But i created the folder and there is no error in the name.
That error shouldn't happen unless the hacks_hash.ini file got somehow corrupted. Try deleting the file and copy it again