Solved Lipo unbalanced

Portables

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You could not have made less sense if you tried. F- try again.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I believe what he's saying is that he currently has two lipos, one charged to 4.15v and another at 4.2v. He's concerned that if he continues to charge his batteries, one of the cells is going to reach 4.25v, which is more than a 3.7v lipo should reach.

Anyways modio, the protection circuit won't let any battery cell go over 4.2v regardless of the voltage if the other cells, so you don't have to worry about damaging your batteries. The best solution to getting them to the same voltage is probably going to be to get a new protection circuit that will balance your batteries. They'll generally say something about balancing in the title, kind of like this one.

Hope this helps!

Portables
Sorry let me explain my self I have 2 lithium polymer cells 4000 mah. I'm using one of those protection boards. Both cells started at same voltage but when charged 1 cell charges more than other. The specs of protection board. Do you think it's not working because I have a 4 amp battery ? I already ordered a bms from link you provided.

overcharge detection voltage :4.25-4.35v±0.05
Maximum working current:3A

Portables
I received my new balanced board I tested battery's for 2hrs 40min. I started charging them and 1 cell is at 3.89v and the other cell is at 3.81v is their a problem if there off balanced ?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's fine, it will balance them over several charge cycles. I'd stop worrying about it, 2:40 is a good time for two 4000mAh cells.

Portables
Thanks a lot for the help after testing them 2 more times it's finally charging at same rate thanks.

Kells

Modio I have been having issues with finding the correct battery and charger and bms. The batteries I have access to rn I need to have 4 batteries 2 sets of parallel and then into a series connection so that I have 7.4v to power the ps2. I would like to use this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/311721987212 that you showed in another forum because I can have a 4s 7.4v battery pack. I dont know how to set the output voltage on this thought so as the battery depletes the voltage my be to low to run the ps2. if someone could leave links to batteries chargers bms I could buy so that I can charge my portable and play it at the same time it would be greatly appreciated.

cfc_12

Portables
if someone could leave links to batteries chargers bms I could buy so that I can charge my portable and play it at the same time it would be greatly appreciated.
you can't charge and play at the same time. No one has done it here.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I meant in PS2p
Wrong again boyo, Gman has done/is doing it. He designed and is prototyping a reg board with proper charge and play functionality.