Question Ds slider acting crazy

So I started wiring up my portable for the third time I redid some lengthy wiring to make some more room, and my main stick slider only had the y axis working, so I redid the x on the gc+ and it still didnt work so i replaced my slider, and everything worked fine main and c stick. Then I resumed wiring up the abxy, d pad, triggers, etc..after wiring all the buttons up I tested it out and now I'm having the same issue with the main stick..:( maybe a new gc+ is in order?? Seeing as it's a new slider. One from @DeoNaught is coming tomorrow-ish so I can swap it out and maybe that will fix it. But I'm curious is it a possibility that a bad connection on the gc+ for a,b,x,y, or the dpad, or triggers could cause the problem? I could always undo those buttons, see if it works fine, and wire them one at a time to see which one is the faulty button? JW if there is an easier quicker way to check if that is the case.?

Last edited:

BocuD

Portables
So I started wiring up my portable for the third time I redid some lengthy wiring to make some more room, and my main stick slider only had the y axis working, so I redid the x on the gc+ and it still didnt work so i replaced my slider, and everything worked fine main and c stick. Then I resumed wiring up the abxy, d pad, triggers, etc..after wiring all the buttons up I tested it out and now I'm having the same issue with the main stick..:( maybe a new gc+ is in order?? Seeing as it's a new slider. One from @DeoNaught is coming tomorrow-ish so I can swap it out and maybe that will fix it. But I'm curious is it a possibility that a bad connection on the gc+ for a,b,x,y, or the dpad, or triggers could cause the problem? I could always undo those buttons, see if it works fine, and wire them one at a time to see which one is the faulty button? JW if there is an easier quicker way to check if that is the case.?
The GC+ needs both sliders fully wired up for even one of them to work correctly. Do you have both sliders' X and Y wired up? Maybe you messed something up inside the slider while wiring it up? At some point I had the same problem with one of my sliders, but some IPA and more wiring fixed that.

Yeah c stick works fine I rewired the main stick twice its wired up fine according to my multimeter when I checked the connections. No cross connections. I think my gc+ is fd a new one is in the mail hopefully when I swap it out all will be well. I did notice another issue I'm having is my battery charging..I know it charges at 1 amp pretty slow but it was plugged in all night and still "dead" on battery power. I have 4 18650s 2s2p config. The b+ for each pack go to the b+ on my charging board (red board) and same with the b-, and both packs also have the BM pad shared from the center connection of the battery packs.. output on the board shows around 6.8-7 volts on battery power, almost dead..I think maybe my charging board is broken? Works fine on wall power

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Do you get the red charging LED when you plug in your charger? Regardless of whether the red board is functioning or not, it will pass the charging voltage through just because it's pretty much just a diode.

I'm getting green not red, reading of around 8v, but when booted drops to around 6v the screen is distorted, and shortly dies...

As for the slider..I swapped out my gc+ last night, put it a brand new slider, worked perfectly...turned off the console, and I've been setting it in the portable case with a little gorilla glue on the sides of the slider case..when turned back on now I'm getting the same results as before cursor acting crazy veering to the left, loss of control....

Is there a chance that I keep breaking the slider with the glue?? Somehow it's getting into the slider causing this recurring issue??...