BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your project. The scene and technologies of portablizing has come a long, long way in the past 12 years. Many standard practices of yesteryear like PSOne screens and gamecubes are obsolete, so make sure to read through the guides. It'll make your life a lot easier. And remember, if you get stuck, we are here to help :D

Kitsen

Portables
do tupper-stein count?
Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your project. The scene and technologies of portablizing has come a long, long way in the past 12 years. Many standard practices of yesteryear like PSOne screens and gamecubes are obsolete, so make sure to read through the guides. It'll make your life a lot easier. And remember, if you get stuck, we are here to help :D
I see that, just the practice of using custom reg is amazing in of itself.

and thank you, I'll be sure to ask my numerous question in the coming weeks!

edit: I would like to know how i can have enough priviledge to post on boards? thank you

edit2: i can post threads now, weird, disregard the first edit, all good

Last edited:
Portables
Hi, I just joined this server to learn about portablalizing! I really want to make a portable Wii, so I figured why not join.
EDIT: It says have insufficient privileges to start threads.

Last edited:
came for GC plus boards. Always liked portables, and always wanted to build one, buuuut then the switch came out. I collect handhelds, though!

Noah

retired
Portables
came for GC plus boards. Always liked portables, and always wanted to build one, buuuut then the switch came out. I collect handhelds, though!
Welcome! I saw what that GC+ went to on Twitter. Super neat!

IMO you should still build a portable if you're interested in it. It's a great learning experience and there hasn't been a better time than now to get into the hobby thanks to all of the advancements and helpful tools everyone is making.

Trozze

Hi all! Have been lurking around for some time now and finally joined. Have modded/repaired consoles for the last 10 years, always wanted to make a portable console.

I am currently working on a Famicom portable, will make a worklog when I can (cannot for some reason not make threads).

mknrls

Hi all! Have been lurking around for some time now and finally joined. Have modded/repaired consoles for the last 10 years, always wanted to make a portable console.

I am currently working on a Famicom portable, will make a worklog when I can (cannot for some reason not make threads).
welcome :D looking forward your worklogs!
As for posting, you need to make at least two posts in other people threads before being able to create one yourself :D

Trozze

welcome :D looking forward your worklogs!
As for posting, you need to make at least two posts in other people threads before being able to create one yourself :D
Thank you! :D Hoping to contribute to the community. I think they might have changed the limit, because I got eight posts and still cannot create any threads. :(

Noah

retired
Portables
Thank you! :D Hoping to contribute to the community. I think they might have changed the limit, because I got eight posts and still cannot create any threads. :(
You should be able to now. It takes about an hour after reaching 3 posts for you to be promoted to the "Member" rank as it's an automatic system that queries the post count only so often to reduce on server strain.

PM me if you still can't create one and I'll get it sorted for you.

Hello, I am Dragos(or Shemma on Discord), I found this website last year while looking for Wii mods.

iXanon

I happened to stumble across here when I was struggling with getting WiiFlow working exactly how I wanted it to.

I must say, the PortablizeMii project is fantastic. :)

The forums are slightly confusing though, I wanted to share a boot video I made and don't seem to have sufficient privileges. I'm guessing there's some kind of post count control to avoid spam?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Yes, the posting restriction is there to help combat spam. Check back in around an hour, you should be able to make a thread then.

Welcome to the community!

Hey All! Just joined the community today! I was a member on the Bac forums a little while before that went defunct, then moved over to Bitfix Gaming where I met Fibbef, and now I'm over here! Only have one portable under my belt, as soon as I'm allowed I'll make a post about it, as trashy as the thing looks, haha! But I do have an SNES portable halfway done that I ran into problems on, I'm hoping to continue it at some point so I'll make a worklog for that as well. This looks like an awesome community, I'm glad to be a part of it!

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Hey All! Just joined the community today! I was a member on the Bac forums a little while before that went defunct, then moved over to Bitfix Gaming where I met Fibbef, and now I'm over here! Only have one portable under my belt, as soon as I'm allowed I'll make a post about it, as trashy as the thing looks, haha! But I do have an SNES portable halfway done that I ran into problems on, I'm hoping to continue it at some point so I'll make a worklog for that as well. This looks like an awesome community, I'm glad to be a part of it!
Welcome!

if you still haven't figured out the problems in the snes portable you are making, i'd make a thread, and ask for second opinions.

Hope you like your stay here

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Bac forums a little while before that went defunct, then moved over to Bitfix Gaming where I met Fibbef, and now I'm over here!
I think the lesson here is don’t let fibbef moderate your forums if you don’t want them to go under.

Hello everyone! I'm a fan of portable consoles, and a good friend of ibprofen98! He first introduced me to the bitfix forums, and after being a follower of his endeavors, I followed him here. I plan on starting a portable of my own in a short while once I obtain parts! Glad to join here and meet everyone!

Frigid

Hey everyone, I'm bad at first lines so ignore this.
The thought came to me last night to rip a Gamecube apart and as soon as I started doing research I came across BitBuilt. Been browsing through your informational guides and you've swayed me to the ways of the Wii. Hoping to start my first project soon. Working on a parts list for the time being.
Cheers!

Hello my name is Jay, I'm in northern Ontario Canada. I just wanted to say high and Ty you guys for an amazing site with lots of info. I'm hoping to try an N64 portable and can't wait to start after I finish watching the video guides and such. I'll definitely see you guys around