Worklog The Cereal 64

For my first post here I am going to post some pictures and the super cringey video of my first portable system that I built way back in 2015 but was STARTED in 2011. I had absolutely no idea what it was I had gotten myself into, and so eventually, after I grew up a bit and took a break, i got myself to finally finish it, and I was, of course, extremely proud of it, haha! Right now the a and b buttons are barely functional, definitely not playable, but I did maintain full functionality of all the ports on the console, so it still playable with a controller! So without further ado, here is the video and some summary pictures, enjoy! It kinda looks like crap, but It's still one of the best projects I've ever completed!

The Case before modding anything

Some Holes Drilled

Some Internals

And of course, some glamour shots!

And there you have it! Thanks for viewing! I will create a post of my ongoing SNES portable project soon!

EDIT: Sidenote, I still die inside every time I force myself to watch that video... *shivers*

Last edited:

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
The lid on the top is pretty dope :D the rest is kinda scaring me, but whatever..

Anyways, can't wait to see your SNES project. I've been thinking about making a SNESp, too - but didn't find any great hardware to start with :\

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
OMFG THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!
Someone move this thread to "projects complete" because this is the best thing I've seen in ages!!!

The lid on the top is pretty dope :D the rest is kinda scaring me, but whatever..

Anyways, can't wait to see your SNES project. I've been thinking about making a SNESp, too - but didn't find any great hardware to start with :\
The lid was pretty much the reason I did this, haha! Yeah, hardware was an issue for me too, but I found a decent one on eBay. Problem was I didn't know that certain models had a separate sound board, so that made things tricky, but you'll hear about that soon!

@Pacal that's hilarious! Hahaha!

@MRKane you are too nice, but I'm so glad you like it!!!