Question Recommended Temp for Bluetooth wiring

Ewhizz

Hey guys,
Trying to wire up the bluetooth data lines but can't get any solder to stick to the scraped lines. When i try to apply solder a wax like substance surfaces at the joint. Im using a flux pen. Wondering if maybe i have the temp to high or low on my soldering iron?
Thanks

Hey guys,
Trying to wire up the bluetooth data lines but can't get any solder to stick to the scraped lines. When i try to apply solder a wax like substance surfaces at the joint. Im using a flux pen. Wondering if maybe i have the temp to high or low on my soldering iron?
Thanks
Are you using 34g magnet wire? Because using thicker wire makes it harder to solder to those traces. Have you checked that the traces were exposed first using a multimeter?
The wax is probably from the burnt flux. A recommended temperature people use is 350°C.

Ewhizz

This is the wire I'm using. Ahk I was using around 300 deg C.

When using enameled wire, there is a slight enamel coating around the wire although you cant really see it. You have to get that enamel coating off before you can solder anything with the wire. I normally just use my iron to get rid of the enamel coating, but you can also scrape it off with something. Also, make sure you put solder on your wire first. I would also recommend putting some solder on the trace as well so all you have to do is melt the solder on the wire and the solder on the trace at the same time to solder them together. Just don't scrape the traces right next to each other. Leave a little bit of space. You do not want those traces to be shorted together.

Ewhizz

Thanks! Yeah i have been doing all this gonna try with a higher temp !

The solder itself can also play a role on how easy it is to solder to the traces. What kind of solder are you using?

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
After scraping you should clearly see the copper of the trace. Then clean it up with IPA, apply flux & pre solder.

Your magnetwire is AWG28~29 (0.3mm), that's IMHO way too thick! Even if you get it soldered to the traces, it might just rip them off later on, because it's pretty stiff. Better get some AWG 34~38 (0.16 - 0.1mm)