Worklog Miceeno's N64 Portable

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Great work! I love non-traditional stuff like this! I would think it should be fairly rugged too.
Also, this is probably the first aluminum portable this community has seen (outside of BenHeck and DarkUncle33 360/PS3 laptops).
Let’s not forget about a modder named Boxroller. (At least that’s what I remember him going by when he posted his portable to the bacman forums.)

Miceeno

2020 3rd Place Winner
Portables
Great work! I love non-traditional stuff like this! I would think it should be fairly rugged too.

Let’s not forget about a modder named Boxroller. (At least that’s what I remember him going by when he posted his portable to the bacman forums.)
I guess I missed this one. I never really spent much time around the Bacman forums because they always seemed pretty dead. Otherwise that's a very nice portable. The fillet around the case really goes a long way for aesthetics. I considered making mine less square but as thick as it was going to end up I figured it would look cooler they way I made it. I also really dig the built in flash cart because it simplifies soldering and case work. I've had an additional 64drive on order for a little while now for my next build. My primary goal with this upcoming build is to make an N64 portable that is thinner than the cartridge. So I'm going the flash cart and ram swap route.

The only thing wrong with Boxroller's portable is the wide aspect ratio screen. I feel that it is the ultimate cardinal sin to play the Nintendo 64 in wide screen. He must be a dirty heathen.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Also, this is probably the first aluminum portable this community has seen (outside of BenHeck and DarkUncle33 360/PS3 laptops).
Surprisingly, it isn't. I came across this the other day. Regardless, this is still a sick looking portable. Everything fits together so well. Excellent job.

E64

Portables
Surprisingly, it isn't. I came across this the other day. Regardless, this is still a sick looking portable. Everything fits together so well. Excellent job.
Wasn't that posted in the Bacman Forums?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I somehow overlooked the post @fibbef earlier and posted the exact same thing. My b.

bacman and BenHeck forums are the forefathers of the community we have evolved into today. Former members of previous forum iterations are still part of our family and community. This may not be the first aluminum portable, but its still a pretty sweet portable.