Discussion Wii mote modding/trimming

First of all 2018 Litbuilt summer contest!!!
Haven't entered any before, but i was already getting ready to make a wiiportable(my last one lol) so i think i have to enter the contestcan't wait to see projects, good luck to everyone!

Now for my question. Has anyone tried to cut the Wii mote and make it smaller? Or has anyone tried making the wiimote a new case? I don't want to say to much with the contest underway, but any insight about what the wii mote needs to work properly would be appreciated

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Thanks a lot Stitches I'll be sure to check them out

Also has anyone tried reducing the wii motes power consumption?
Not really, it's pretty nominal, and whatever you cut off, will probably make power consumption less.

Thanks DeoNaught,
looking to reduce voltage to 3.7v
I'm assuming that the infrared takes most of the power?

Portables
Thanks DeoNaught,
looking to reduce voltage to 3.7v
Uhhh, 3.7V is too much for the wii remote, unless you want to Fry it Good sir.

the maximum the Wii remote can take(as far as I know, haven't been able to test it thoroughly, but I believe it's correct) Is 3.3V

Good sir, I recommend(if you haven't already) Look through the Guide submissions https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/guide-submissions.107/
also https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/console-modding-101.150/
and through https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/wii.123/

I appreciate it DeoNaught:blush:
I just realized i put 3.7v meant 1.5 lol
But I'll ✔ em out

20180528_203450.jpg
it's been awhile... Thought now would be an okay time to talk about this because people are now revealing their plans. But I've been playing around with the wii mote, and got it to a point that i think will serve my purpose.
Trimmed the mote down from what i believe to have been 32-34mm, to 22mm. Functions are the same as a regular wii mote. Using a 600mah 3.7v Lipo battery, with a step down to 3v.
Have tested battery life in project m for over an hour, so I'm happy with the battery life. Might get a higher capacity battery, already running out of space tho. Still have to integrate the battery charger.
Unfortunately i didn't enter the contest, mostly because I'm missing a needed GC+ board. But will be posting about my project later on about what I'll be using this mote for. Cheers

Portables
That duct tape scares me lol, Do you have electrical tape, it would work alot better.

You could possibly fit in a powerboost(adafruit), like the 500 might be able to fit.

nice progress though :33

I had no idea there are so many duck tap fans lol.
Got the electrical tap in :awesome:
15276271498361272103855.jpg
just to give ya an idea on how it will look closed up. With the SYNC button on the outside;)
The cover is just a quick 3d printed prototype, but it can handle smashing.
1527627421715925217551.jpg
this is battery charger. Have to decide if i want it in the controller, or in my handheld. But it's a universal not micro, cause micro is expensive on ebay lol

BocuD

Portables
I had no idea there are so many duck tap fans lol.
Got the electrical tap in :awesome:View attachment 6181just to give ya an idea on how it will look closed up. With the SYNC button on the outside;)
The cover is just a quick 3d printed prototype, but it can handle smashing.
View attachment 6182 this is battery charger. Have to decide if i want it in the controller, or in my handheld. But it's a universal not micro, cause micro is expensive on ebay lol
I'm not sure if I'm correct here or not, but I believe the default charging current for the TP4056 board (with a 1.2kΩ resistor) is 1A. If you didn't change the resistor responsible for setting the output current you might end up overcharging your lipo.

I'm not sure if I'm correct here or not, but I believe the default charging current for the TP4056 board (with a 1.2kΩ resistor) is 1A. If you didn't change the resistor responsible for setting the output current you might end up overcharging your lipo.
I've charged the Lipo battery 3× now to full capacity so i think it's okay lol... But if anyone else wants to chime in so i don't blow up the wii mote that'd be great:D

you need to adjust the Z axis for better print quality
The prototype prints for the Wii mote were done with a heatbed setting of 40c... Before i bothered to look up the correct temp:blush:(why is it warping? smh)
Also my bed has this weird "bumb" idk what it is exactly, but the nozzle gets closer in the middle of the bed, on the right side. I've calibrated it as best i can but not sure what else to do:\