Worklog The DreamPad

I'm looking forward to more updates of this project ... have you already tried some games on your board? ... I read somewhere that the motherboard without the GD-ROM card gets the bad audio ... Is it true? I need to finish my Portable PS2 to try a Dreamcast ... Bought a 9 inch VGA screen for this ... good luck!

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
I'm looking forward to more updates of this project ... have you already tried some games on your board? ... I read somewhere that the motherboard without the GD-ROM card gets the bad audio ... Is it true?
Yea, i know i should work on this right now >.< .. hard to find time in the outdoor season ;-)
We'll have one more big festival with our soundsystem in the next weeks & than we take a summer brake. so i'll have a little time then...

Also yea, that's true because the AICA (DC's Audio Chips) gets it's RAM-Clock from the GD-ROM. That what's my workaround in the Guide-Submission Area is good for. But if you want true CDDA-Audio Support, you'll most likely have to use an active crystal.. but i didn't really check that out yet.