Solved More problems...

Portables
1/2
I'm feeling discouraged, so right now my problems are 1 my audio don't work, 2 Wii games don't boot, the stupid thing is they both worked at one time. But I'll start with the audio, I have been using a set of speakers but then I heard if the speakers don't have the right wattage it can blow your amp, so when my audio quit working I assumed that my amp blew up, so I took the speakers off and change the audio amp for a new one and still no audio in my headphone jack. Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry it always seems like I'm asking you guys for help...:(

Attachments

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
You can test if your audio is connected properly by connecting audio to an rca cable and testing through your tv, but from the looks of it seems to be something on the amp wiring. Have you connected SDN to 5v? The amp won't be enabled unless you do. Also you may just have to increase the volume. I remember thinking my audio wasn't working with that amp but it turned out the volume was just low. Try using the on board tact switches to raise the volume.

As for the Wii games not working, can you still exit to the Wii menu properly? That would confirm if your BT is still working.

Portables
1/2
I tried adjusting the volume and that didn't help, but I didn't know the sdn pin needed 5v...can I just make a solder blob between the 5v and sdn pin? I looked for someone explaining how to hook up the amp correctly but couldn't find anything, is there anything else I should know about that amp? I'll try fixing the Bluetooth module, do you know if neek loader shows up if the Bluetooth doesn't work?

Attachments

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Yeah, blobbing the pins together would be fine.

I'm not entirely sure if the neek screen shows up if BT isnt connected, but going to the Wii menu like Jeff said would tell us for sure if that's the issue.

Portables
1/2
Well that's the issue then. Do you know how low the voltage can get on the 3.3v line to the Bluetooth, under load I think I got 3.23, do you think that's my problem? Edit that's what the problem was on my audio amp, headphones work fine now. :) I'll see if I can poke around and get the Bluetooth working tonight. Edit, and it was a loose Bluetooth data wire on the board, Bluetooth is working fine now, but it still freezes on the neek loader when I try to play dragonball z bt3, plays new super mario bros fine...but the Bluetooth is working! thanks jeff and ginger!

Last edited: