Worklog Maciintosh - Fartboilers first WiiP

Hi, this is my first WiiP and my 2018 Summer Contest entry named Maciintosh because it is based of the original Macintoshs design.

Features:
  • OMGWTF trimmed Wii
  • 7" ips screen
  • Builtin trimmed WiiMote
  • Builtin Nunchuck with a bus switch so you can turn it on and off.
  • 8 Sanyo 3500mah 18650 li-ion batteries
  • 2 "red charging boards" wired in serial
  • 3D-printed case designed in Fusion 360
  • Joystick that acts like the ir camera in the WiiMote

This is the case so far:
Maciintosh_Rev_2.png

Shank

Staff member
Portables

Shank

Staff member
Portables

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
8 batteries is going to make this rather heavy to hold. I like the design, are you just going for the Wiimote and nunchuck controls?

Well... Sorry for the long wait, I got stuck watching Rick Astley ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How come no gamecube controller
Since I have actually never played a GC game I thought I would leave that feature for version 2.0.

why are you using two?
I'm not an EE nor an native English speaker so correct me if i'm wrong. With only one "Red Charging Board" I would have to do a 2s4p but then the voltage between each cell in the "bank" of 4 would not be balanced and over time the voltage would slowly start to differ more and more within that "bank". With 2 of those board I could have each board control 4 batteries which would make the "bank" size consist of only 2 cells. I.d.k. what this configuration is called, maybe 2s2s2p or just 4s2p. The maximum voltage will then be 16.8 volts which is too much for the 1.15 and 1 volt regulator so i will make those 2 regulators run of the 5 volt regulator. I know this is not an elegant solution and the power efficency will not be great. I chose to use 2 "Red Boards" instead of an 4s cmb because it takes up less space.

Yea but how?
I use an mc that acts like if it was the ir camera and interacts with the WiiMote through i2c. @JacksonS has now done that with the Classic+ but I am still going to try to make this work since I already have the parts and I will learn from it.

are you just going for the Wiimote and nunchuck controls?
Yea, no GC controller nor any other Wii controller.

8? This is going to be one thicc boi
8 batteries is going to make this rather heavy to hold./QUOTE]
I hope I I will get around 8 hours out of it which I prioritize higher than the weight.

Thanks for all the replys!:D

Onto the updates:

Maciintosh_Rev_3.PNG
Maciintosh_Top.PNG

I'm almost finished with my case design. Not much has happend on the outside but I have worked a bunch on the inside.
WP_20180730_15_08_46_Pro.jpg

I will not ve able to finish this in time because i am going on an vacation

Attachments

Portables
you can use a classic+ from @JacksonS, because it already emulates the IR Sensor in the Nunchuck mode!!
https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/classic-initial-release.1940/#post-24992
You also can play some Wii games with the gc controller (GC+ board)

It will be better to use a GC+ board and put 2 IR LEDs in the portable, so you can use the wii mote with motion externally

You don't need 8x 18650, 4x are enough for the WII, but you can run 2s4p with this red charger board

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I knew you could throw a fart, but not boil them :rothink: