Model GameCube Switch dock STL files

You can download the STLs from the bottom of this post if you want to try to turn your Gamecube case into a Switch dock.

I wanted to host the files here to promote Bitbuilt a tiny bit if it's fine by everyone.

Keep in mind, if you want to try this mod, that the dock flat cable length will be an issue. I highly recommend cutting the gamecube 1cm further than I did (closer to the center) so that you give yourself some much needed leeway.

EDIT : Now with air intake holes
EDIT : pfiew, we're hitting v7 I never thought I'd support this for this long
⇩⇩⇩

Attachments

Last edited:

TAD

You can download the STLs from the bottom of this post if you want to try to turn your Gamecube case into a Switch dock.

I wanted to host the files here to promote Bitbuilt a tiny bit if it's fine by everyone.

Keep in mind, if you want to try this mod, that the dock flat cable length will be an issue. I highly recommend cutting the gamecube 1cm further than I did (closer to the center) so that you give yourself some much needed leeway.

EDIT : Now with air intake holes
⇩⇩⇩
What is the difference between the 2 STL files "holder_slim" and "holder"?? thanks for sharing this amazing craft!

The "holder slim" is slimmer because it doesn't have the two "bumps" on the side. It's probably way easyier to install but won't be glued as strongly to the case. I've never used this model but it's certainly faster to print and easyier to use (less grinding of the inside of the GC.

Thank you a ton dude, really awesome of you to share the files. I'll be attempting to build one of these myself once I make the necessary screwdriver. (Who thought those screws were a good idea .___. i have hundreds of security bits but not one anything like it.)
I really like your mods, they're some of the best ive seen and have inspired me to get into it. Ive been building 3D printers and doing some handmade mods for a few years now but never tried anything like the work you do. I especially love the SNES headphones! Keep it up, man.

I just wanna start by saying that you've done some amazing work and have actually inspired me to make my own GameCube themed switch dock. In the original video you had a 3D model of the dock's PCB, I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to share it.

Hi, I saw your video on the updated indigo gamecube dock that you made. I am working on making this for myself. I want to use the original ports from the GC and was wondering if you could tell me which wires from the adapter go to which terminals. Thanks!

Thank you! Should this be the same for a different third party adapter?

Thanks for sharing these files! How would you suggest splitting them? I have a MP Select Mini printer and the print won’t fit on my build plate.

would the print fit in your bay if you rotated the dock 90 degrees onto its side so that the length is up and down?

Hey, I am wanting to attempt this project. But I am getting a corrupt archive and 3 separate programs. Anyone else having the same problem?

thanks,

Hey, I am wanting to attempt this project. But I am getting a corrupt archive and 3 separate programs. Anyone else having the same problem?

thanks,
Send me your email adress in Private message I'll email you the STLs, I can't upload them here the format isn't supported.

Hey, I'm trying to design a Switch base of my own, but I am having a heck of a time finding a cad model for the dock circuit board. Would you mind sharing the cad model/STL file of the board?