Status
Not open for further replies.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
The discord addicted should already have seen a lot of those pics, but i wanted to share them for all ppl on BB :)
Also i think it's the best i can do for celebrating my one-hundreds post in this community!

Warning: Some of the shown mods are still in a Proof-Of-Concept, so don't try this at home kids! ;-)
(Especially if your name is @BocuD)

It all began, as i ordered a prusa i3 - which instantly stopped all work on my DCp...

instead i had some candlelight dinners with the most romantic of all consoles... the wii...

DSCF6015.JPG

... and after that, slicing them apart... (that's just what I'm used to do after candle light dinners.. )
DSCF6021.JPG

but well.. omgwtf is pretty boring, so i did a few lmaos..
DSCF6192.JPG

DSCF6201.JPG

But thanks to my own stupidity, i nearly killed them all afterwords.. (1x Softbrick, 1x reversed voltages.. for the last one i blame ESD - lol)

Time went on.. Prusa still isn't shipped... after two weeks of waiting, i was like.. "fuck it, i'm doing a full nand relocation.."

DSCF6413.JPG

to my own surprise, it was working right away... but a nand bend really is noob shit compared to this >.<

DSCF6432.JPG

that's was done.. but it was just too much work, just for a LMAOv2 trim...

So i woke up really early the next morning.. wanted to continue sleeping but surfed BB instead.. So got triggered & finally started to try something, i had in my mind for at least a few days...

After nearly a whole day of work, I can tell you.. yes.. it's possible to relocate the whole AVE-Chip! Wiring the Data-lines even felt much easier than the nand-relocation.. :D
DSCF6444.JPG

So I did the omega trim... but it didn't boot.. luckily SS just woke up, so i wrote him a short message. he instantly answered like "yea, there is this one resistor for the nand"...

...10 minutes later...

OMEGA-City
DSCF6463.JPG

As said, still needs some testing, but fuck.. it's booting! :mrgreen:

The back I would call "the holy grail of magnet wire & epoxy" but whatever...
DSCF6483.JPG

DSCF6472.JPG

DSCF6488.JPG

DSCF6496.JPG

Well here we are... before you ask: No, I don't know what to do with them yet! :D
I will just continue trimming & updating this thread till I start a project where i actually use these boards...

Thanks a lot to @ShockSlayer, @Shank, @Aurelio (& rest of discord) for previous work, documentation & helping out :)

Last edited:

BocuD

Portables
Even though I followed this while it happened in the discord I'm still blown away every time I see this.. Can't wait to see what you will use this in!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
This thread has everything I could ever want; Cheese Installer by candlelight, AVE relocation, and the first non-SS OMEGA trim. I'm excited to follow it's progress.

The OMEGA trim is still missing long-form testing; despite the fact that I had it booting around this time last year, I haven't really thoroughly tested every aspect of it like I have with the other ones. Aurelio and I just found some additional nuances last week. I'm hoping that we can tackle that even faster with Nold's help.

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
The OMEGA trim is still missing long-form testing; despite the fact that I had it booting around this time last year, I haven't really thoroughly tested every aspect of it like I have with the other ones. Aurelio and I just found some additional nuances last week. I'm hoping that we can tackle that even faster with Nold's help.
Yeahr! I would be really glad to help and wanted to do some testing soon anyways. until now, i haven't tried anything on it but priiloader. So it's definitely time for some actual gaming on this tiny beast >:D

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Wow! ...If I might ask... how do you get your cuts so smooth? :o
Sure!

For the first cuts i use a dremel, for small cuts mostly a simple hacksaw. After that I continue with a file & rough sanding till everything is shaped as i want it. Then I like to sand the shit out of the board using 800 grid, till my arms bleed!
At the end i use 1000~2000 grid to give it the last polish.

Then I'm doing a visual inspection of the trim uning a magnifying glass & sand again with 800~2000 grid if there still are any faults.
If everything looks good, i clean them well. Then start over with a visual inspection & connectivity/resistance checking... etc. etc.

TL;DR: Sanding the shit out of it!

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Nothing fancy, but had a good run today and made my nicest / thinnest nand bends yet. (In only about 5~6 hours from arrival off the post man :XD:)

DSCF6540.JPG

DSCF6555.JPG

DSCF6560.JPG

[don't be confused by the many resistors on the LDO, needed them for the omega]

LMAO Maximo!
DSCF6587.JPG

DSCF6585.JPG

Akira

Neat! looks very doable. I want to start mine, but i am still waiting for the PowerMii Lite from Noah.
He aint responding..

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
probably because he has to run bitbuilt, prepare for mgc, work on his own projects and fit in school/job/personal life, among other things

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Nold, your pictures are like something out of a magazine. I love watching this thread.

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π