Solved Wii won't boot.

Portables
1/2
so this is a little different from the normal post, so after looking around for awhile I decided to ask you guys.
I got a Wii off ebay (black rv-001) it said boots but no video, and I was like hmm...guess i'll buy it (it was kinda cheap) anyway I got it and tried to test it....symptoms, it boots (green light comes on/disc drive werr's) but no video and i can't get the Wiimote to sync, my video box converter thing senses something (when its plugged in you get a blue screen but when you turn the Wii on the screen goes black) and to turn it off the Wii you have to hold the power button for 3 sec instead of 1 like my working Wii. Just fyi I tried the same stuff with my working Wii and it all worked fine, so I know it's not the cables, does anyone know what the problem might be? is it the bluetooth? i know it won't boot if the bluetooth isn't working. if it is the bluetooth, is it hard to replace? I tried looking around and couldn't find much, so I thought i'd ask you guys.... I have 2, 6 layer Wii's, and 1 more 4 layer coming, all broken one way or another, if possible I can (try to) swap something out of one in to another, or if its out of my league, I could send it to one of you guys if your interested...for whatever it's worth to you. thanks.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Yeah I had a wii that acted similarly. I was ready to give it up as bricked, but switched out the wifi / bt modules and now it works. If you're planning on using it for a project, they're easy to replace, you just plug the new one right in. It's putting the wii shell back together that's the hard part lol

Portables
1/2
thanks i'll try that.
do you know if the wifi / bt modules are the same in a 6 or 4 layer board?

Portables
1/2
hey thanks guys! when the rest of my wii's come, i'll try swapping them out, hopefully that fixes it.

Portables
1/2
well as it turned out the bt module was still good, got it all torn down to get to the bt module and here it was unplugged, it was raised up off the board a little so just pressed it down where it was supposed to be, plugged it in, and BAM! what do you know it works, so cool beans that's great! :D