GC VIDEO Project P

Would you be interested in purchasing a GC Video Plug n Play?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: After much consideration with talking to other members, the advice from megalomaniac (thank you!), as well as many feedback and improvement requests I have received, I have decided to to take everyone's advice and improve the product before any kind of true beta release. Thank you and I do apologize for any issues caused.

Last edited:

Noah

retired
Portables
Oh boy...

First off, wrong forum.
I am not here to start a debate or take criticism. I am nearly filling in the hole that so many are waiting for, and I hope that you guys take this as a positive experience.
These are MY forums. You can't come in here and post in the wrong forum advertising your product and expect to take no criticism.

Secondly, what the hell is that enclosure? If you're trying to sell to a wide market of people who are looking for something that they will be plugging and unplugging from their consoles frequently you can't just have a PCB that slides into the console. People who competitively play Smash or other games will be taking this with them around with them to competitions and such. Having a gaping hole in the side of the enclosure doesn't seem very reassuring to me. Also, how are the boards even secured inside of the units? Hot glue? The boards are tilted in the enclosures. How do you expect to sell a pile of garbage?

Trying to sell these off as "filling a hole" isn't going to work because you can't stuff shit into said hole and expect the waiting customers to gobble it up like it's Thanksgiving turkey.

My number one priority as an admin of these forums is to make sure that the users and their money are protected from shit like this. Let's take a look at your PhotoBucket shall we?

Uh oh, looks like you didn't even know how to program the boards in the first place. The pics date back to like last year, so don't try and pass it off as "oh but I was a wee noob at the time."

Hey man, there's this really neat button on your keyboard called "Print Screen" that captures a screenshot of whatever is displaying on your monitor. Neat, huh?

uh

If there are wires inside of the adapters you're selling above then dear god, the probability that something will short out upon arrival is high than the probability that Drakon will use hotglue in his next mod.

See, the issue I have with people like you is that you try and take advantage of the people in this community who are looking for/waiting for a plug and play solution. NEVER use wires in something you wish to mass produce. Why do you think the UltraHDMI ships with flex? Because flex won't short out unlike the goddamn logs you used for wires.

For anyone curious, here is @zeldaxpro soldering up those cables to his board

I have spent almost 8 months to get to where I am today
https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3534

"zeldaxpro wrote:I have finally fixed the bridge on the IC"

Is this REALLY the guy you want to buy your GCVideo from? I'd rather buy an N64 cap replacement kit from GameTech US and stab myself with a hot soldering iron in the gut before buying one of these shit bricks.

Thanks for playing!

Last edited:

Noah

retired
Portables
Hmm, also I about tore my eyes out of their sockets while reading through the thread on GC-Forever, but it looks like that "8 months of hard work" was mainly you trying to figure out how to program the board.

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/v...sid=69714f74b4dd4f2cc0deff91799594ad&start=75

Just closed over a month ago.

OK

If you want to try and lie on the internet, make sure to cover up your tracks beforehand!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
hot damn that emoji in the thumbnail is fresh as fuck, would overspend to get that level of quality on my console

if you post ends with pls no debate that probably means that plenty of other people have already told you your design is shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Noah

retired
Portables
I speak from experience when I say this:

Cost of manufacturing a GCVideo Lite is ~$25.

The fact that these lack a DAC takes away from the cost. You might make up for it a little bit if the FPGA used here costs more but its probably not significant.

I understand making a profit is necessary for any business venture. Every item in the store makes a profit. But we don't charge 350% of the cost of parts. I've done plenty of QFP soldering by hand and labor doesn't cost $80. If people will pay this much for a shotty product then more power to them but the only reason you're making these is to make a stark profit and that doesn't fly with me.

I appreciate all the feedback and will take all your comments seriously. I think I've already addressed a lot of your concerns in the design, but I've edited the topic to reflect that this is a very small run of pre-production boards and that I'm open to any improvements and design changes.

Noah

retired
Portables

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
I just feel like a shite for not catching Metal Jesus at his first video, when he started using it and testing it. Honestly I'd have gone after him "PUT THAT SHIT DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CUBE!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! I'VE CALLED THE BB-BOMBSQUAD AND THEY WILL BE HERE ANY MINUTE. REMAIN CALM!!!!"

Seriously though, how did noone get a solid warning out to the general GameCube Players communities about this garbage?

I almost feel like we could have prevented this from happening, almost, shitters are shitters either way.

As it is he already tried to diffuse the problem by saying it only happened to a few, as if that's alright at all

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I just feel like a shite for not catching Metal Jesus at his first video, when he started using it and testing it. Honestly I'd have gone after him "PUT THAT SHIT DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CUBE!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! I'VE CALLED THE BB-BOMBSQUAD AND THEY WILL BE HERE ANY MINUTE. REMAIN CALM!!!!"

Seriously though, how did noone get a solid warning out to the general GameCube Players communities about this garbage?

I almost feel like we could have prevented this from happening, almost, shitters are shitters either way.

As it is he already tried to diffuse the problem by saying it only happened to a few, as if that's alright at all
There was plenty of stuff in lots of places saying "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT AND HERE'S WHY" (plenty of it from us too) but MJR really hyped it up with his first video. So don't feel bad about not saying anything because plenty of people reached out to MJR to try to explain the issues, but his response was "Works fine for me". At least until it didn't.

Hopefully that video should be the killing blow to ZeldaXPro's garbage. Even if he does fix the issue, I'd imagine nobody will be keen on purchasing from someone whose response to frying their own product and the console it's used on is a 6 minute video saying "u plugged it in wrong gotta disable power and never look at the cube again".

EDIT: Now I just watched the video and that was triggering. MJR acts like the failure rate is iphone super low when I know I've seen at least 4 unique failures, not to mention those people who probably don't post about it. Lovely.

Last edited:

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
There was plenty of stuff in lots of places saying "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT AND HERE'S WHY" (plenty of it from us too) but MJR really hyped it up with his first video. So don't feel bad about not saying anything because plenty of people reached out to MJR to try to explain the issues, but his response was "Works fine for me". At least until it didn't.

Hopefully that video should be the killing blow to ZeldaXPro's garbage. Even if he does fix the issue, I'd imagine nobody will be keen on purchasing from someone whose response to frying their own product and the console it's used on is a 6 minute video saying "u plugged it in wrong gotta disable power and never look at the cube again".

EDIT: Now I just watched the video and that was triggering. MJR acts like the failure rate is iphone super low when I know I've seen at least 4 unique failures, not to mention those people who probably don't post about it. Lovely.
This guy here though:

IMG_20170825_152023.jpg

Then I've got the guy referring to the warnings, and the public's lack of heeding said warnings, as "the community's drama".

IMG_20170825_151949.jpg

Followed up with a justification for this shite being out for people to use, as well as referring to the majority of the community as Drama Queens.
IMG_20170825_151523.jpg

This is almost as bad as @zeldaxpro still producing these things unapologetically while taking more people's monef

GC64

Portables
Hold up. I remember this thread, and I saw metal jesus' first video about the adapter, but I never connected the two to each other.. THIS kid is the one who made Metal Jesus' adapter? All of the poor suckers, too bad they couldn't have been warned sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.