Question N64 expansion pack help

Landon

Hi this this is my first thread but i been working on a n64 portable and i need the jumper pak relocated. I tried to bend the slot but it broke off. So i need to know how to wire the jumper pak directly to the motherboard? Thank you

riess

The first time I tried to make an n64 more portable I soldered the expansion pack directly to the pins from the slot it should sit in.
But this is quite hard to do because of the precise removal of the slot and not breaking 1 pin in the process.
Miceeno has some great pictures of this method.
eLgssPjl.jpg

Then I tried to remove the slot fully and solder wirewraping wire to the expansion pack.
This is also quite hard to do because of the n64 is very picky about the length of the wires to the ram chips.
wirewrapping wire n64 expansion.png

The last option I think is the best because you don't remove the slot you don't solder you just put the expansion pack in the slot without its plastic.
20171021_181112.jpg

Great render i think from downingsbasement.com
Hesline+-+BFA2+-+5-5-16_zpsfnvfuyaf.jpg
To make it slimmer cut the sides of the expansion pack

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Here is how I did it: Nold's N64p
It's fairly easy compared to the other methods I've tried before ^^

Miceeno

2020 3rd Place Winner
Portables
Hi this this is my first thread but i been working on a n64 portable and i need the jumper pak relocated. I tried to bend the slot but it broke off. So i need to know how to wire the jumper pak directly to the motherboard? Thank you
Here's a really good thread from Bentomo on modretro on the topic:
http://forums.modretro.com/index.php?threads/reverse-engineering-the-jumper-pak.628/

Basically what you have to do is this:
Connect pins 3 and 17 together.
Connect pins 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 each to their own 51ohm resistor then connect the other side of the resistors to the 2.54 voltage source (pins 8 and/or 28).

EDIT: This is for the Jumper Pak. If you mean the Expansion Pak good luck soldering the whole thing.