Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
So I'm having an issue where wiring up my reset switch causes my wii to boot (like 80% of the time) to priiloader meaning it's acting like the switch is shorted to ground even though it's not. I'm using 34g magnet wire since it's wired to a via obviously. Removing the wire fixes it. I'm assuming it's some sort of interference issue but I don't have any shielded wire and I feel like I would be hard pressed to use any different kind of wire on the via. Anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it? Here's a pic

TTABNLJ.jpg

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
literally just making shit up but you could try a 10k pull up resistor on the reset line or something (IIRC you're supposed to ground it out to press it)

Portables
sin(π)
I was trying to do the BT relocation and I ruined the test pads on pads 7,8 and 13 is there any other part to solder too or is it RIP?

I was trying to do the BT relocation and I ruined the test pads on pads 7,8 and 13 is there any other part to solder too or is it RIP?
Are you using the pads on the top of the module or the tiny pins on the connector on the bottom of the module?
Either way, the other one will be what you need to use now. :)

If you're now stuck with the tiny pins on the bottom though, it will be pretty tough. It's a pretty difficult soldering job.

Last edited:
Portables
sin(π)
Are you using the pads on the top of the module or the tiny pins on the connector on the bottom of the module?
Either way, the other one will be what you need to use now. :)
Yeah I tried to use the tiny pins on the bottom but the wire I'm using is too big (24 gauge), I guess I need to buy smaller wire.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Okay, so I installed PM without the no wifi mod.

what would be the best way to install the no wifi?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Okay, so I installed PM without the no wifi mod.

what would be the best way to install the no wifi?
Run the Cheese Installer again, but instead of using the "first time" option use the WiFi option underneath it. It's used to reneable or disable the NoWifi WADs.

I started wiring up my pth8080 regulators (finally) I settled on making a mini gamecube that plugs into the TV (I messed up the bluetooth lines on a 4layer board). Has there been any recent attempts at running wii titles without bluetooth? I know it would require a FW mod...

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I started wiring up my pth8080 regulators (finally) I settled on making a mini gamecube that plugs into the TV (I messed up the bluetooth lines on a 4layer board). Has there been any recent attempts at running wii titles without bluetooth? I know it would require a FW mod...
Yes, running wii titles without a bluetooth is possible. I'm working on a cIOS for that

That should be installable after the board is cut, right? I'm glad to hear this though, that will allow some nice games like project M and the VC library to work. The only thing that wouls be better after that is emulating a wiimote (and attachments) with a GC/USB comtroller

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That should be installable after the board is cut, right? I'm glad to hear this though, that will allow some nice games like project M and the VC library to work. The only thing that wouls be better after that is emulating a wiimote (and attachments) with a GC/USB comtroller
That’s the plan. I got already the Bluetooth module patched out, so those games that can are compatible with gc controllers can already be used with this. Wiimote (and accessories) emulation will be done in the next few months. I’ve been quite busy lately

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
While it's not unfixable, you'll need to connect pin 1 to 3.3v. Pin 1 is the one closest to where it says C1. Then bridge the bottom three pins and install it like in the guide.

Bakuku

Portables
I'm planning on building a Wii portable and have some questions before I start.

Is it possible to transfer savefiles from the virtualized memorycard to a standard GameCube memorycard and vice versa? I'm thinking SD reader on slot B with an adapter that goed to a regular Memorycard Slot.

Can you still boot into Wii mode and be able to play Wii games (Given you have IR leds and a Wiimote connected)

Is it possible to undo the PM on a Wii motherboard and start over? I had to repurpose the USB stick and SD card for my computer and sadly did not backup my files and formatted my computer in the end. :/ Stupid me!

Greets and thanks in advance for any help.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Is it possible to transfer savefiles from the virtualized memorycard to a standard GameCube memorycard and vice versa? I'm thinking SD reader on slot B with an adapter that goed to a regular Memorycard Slot.
Yes, check here.
Can you still boot into Wii mode and be able to play Wii games (Given you have IR leds and a Wiimote connected)
You will have to relocate the Bluetooth module, but this was the entire point of portablizemii :p
Is it possible to undo the PM on a Wii motherboard and start over?
I'm sure it's possible, but you don't need to. Once PM is installed you no longer need the SD card, and the only part that matters is the USB (which doesn't rely on a specific MAC address). Just re-download the pack with any MAC address and only copy the USB part. You will need to copy the sysconf file before you can play Wii games (press right on the dpad to get to Wiiware, then press start/home and choose copy sysconf from real nand).

Ok here goes
Hi guys im new to the modding wii scene. Since i saw this thread was for noobs i want everyones input on this.
What are the materials that i need to make a wii portable. And by materials i mean wii, resistors,lcd ,batteries,wires(which gauges) etc. I am pretty good at soldering stuff. But i justneed help with materials and maybe some pics of what wires goes where. Like where does the lcd,batteries need to be hooked up too and such. I know this is a lot to ask for and everyone has thier own way,but if i get input from alot of people then i would know exactly what does what. Sorry for the long post and thank you to whomever helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.