Worklog Wii pico

Iam not asking iam saying that i updated the thread.Also what is dimension of the trimmed wii board?I want it to model the case

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
It's roughly 75mm by 105mm. Generally though, case design should come last in order to make sure that you have room for all of your parts. I wish I had done this, as everything fits in my case, but parts of my case are somewhat awkward to hold due to where they had to be placed.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
We all know what is wii mini (or maybe not)its very lightweight version of the normal wii but without access to internet and no sd card slot what if we can trimm the board(by the guide that already exist there) make a case that is nintendo style(iam going to model it) and get the wii new breath?Is it be better for arround 25USD have this good console?Or for 29 very stripped down version?
Yes but more nintendo style sharp corners bottom pads etc
Thank you GingerOfOz you approved my measurments

This is what a measured
Now iam going to model the case.
And ok Can you Aurelio rename it to wii pico.I somehow cant do it.

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The parts for the ports on the inside is going to leave no room whatsoever for the board itself. You are completely neglecting a cooling system, which is essential. You have a power button, which is non-functional when running custom regulators.
Which proves the point other members were saying earlier. You shouldn't even think about your case or internal layout until you successfully trim a board.

Ok ok thats not final design i will make it bigger.I will add something ,but thats the raw structure.

Ok ok thats not final design i will make it bigger.I will add something ,but thats the raw structure.
Just trim a board already, there's really not much you can be helped with until you do so and ask questions THEN.

Ima back and iam wondering:
1 i have at home siting alone wii rv01 and i dont know if is better to buy 4layer wii from ebay for 18GBP or to use the one at home the problem is if i do it wrong iam out of wii thats not that much problem noone played on it last half of year but if i buy another one and i will do it right ill have 2 wiis that noone will use.
2 problem is i have some games on discs if i trimm the board relocation of harddrive will be hard(can you play OEM nintendo dics using external drive?)
3 am i supposed if i have 6 layer board first do it like in normal and then on top of it use the 6layer exoandsion or first expansion and leftover do via the normal way?

3. So, if you plan on trimming and using a 6 layer board, you want to follow the 6 layer trimming guide. A 6 layer board just has alternate relocation points for U10, bluetooth, etc. That is why there is a separate guide for 6 layer boards. Also, the trimming shape is just slightly different. Try reading it a bunch. It took me a little bit to figure it out.

I hope this helped.