Worklog 1st Portable Worklog!

Memed

Isn't that kind of a tight squeez for your portable? I'm using a ZN45 case with mine, so I have all the space in the world, LMAO
It's a very tight squeeze, but if everything fits I'd like the smaller size.

Check the resistance, if it's low it doesn't mean it's shorted.
This is very true. I thought my 1.15v was shorted, but it wasnt. That line should have about 30 ohms of resistance, so I'd double check it. :)
Thanks for the advice! What resistances should I look for to see if there is a short? I read somewhere on these forums that <1 Ohm could be a short.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Thanks for the advice! What resistances should I look for to see if there is a short? I read somewhere on these forums that <1 Ohm could be a short
It it's less than 10 ohms, it's likely a short. I'd on't know the exact resistances for every line, but I saw a list somewhere. Or I could measure them for you if you'd like.

Memed

It it's less than 10 ohms, it's likely a short. I'd on't know the exact resistances for every line, but I saw a list somewhere. Or I could measure them for you if you'd like.
If you could find the list or measure them out that'd be amazing! Thanks so much!

Memed

Checked resistances, heres what I got:
1v: 285kOhms
1.15v: 42 Ohms
3.3v: 2.7k Ohms

Not sure if the 1.15v is shorted, if anyone could help that'd be great.
Also, the reading for the 1v line seems a bit odd to say the least. I hope I am not reading it wrong and that I am getting the correct voltage!

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
I think you're ok. You don't have any shorts, so that's good!

Memed

Awesome! I do have another question, though. Do you know if u9 can be used in place of u10? I don't want to kill yet ANOTHER Wii if I don't have to.

Memed

I killed another Wii. The soldering pads where U5 were have all turned black except for the one where the wire to the GPU is soldered. I think it may be the cheap soldering iron that caused this problem. Welp, back to the dremel.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
I killed another Wii. The soldering pads where U5 were have all turned black except for the one where the wire to the GPU is soldered. I think it may be the cheap soldering iron that caused this problem. Welp, back to the dremel.
Get a better iron. You'll end up ruining more expensive things of you don't, and it's definitely worth the investment.

Memed

Get a better iron. You'll end up ruining more expensive things of you don't, and it's definitely worth the investment.
Exactly what I plan to do. Luckily, I got a lot of Wiis for very, VERY cheap. I will definitely invest in a much better iron though.

Memed

A lot of things have happened since the summer, and I simply don't have time to complete this. If I do end up finishing this, it'll be in the summer.