Question Removing Wifi from usbloader GX?

az4521

i'm trying to create my first wii portable, and after using portablizemii for a while, i decided postloader was kinda annoying to setup, and that something that looked like a wii menu would be better. i've decided on usbloader GX because it's nice and configurable, but it boots up on ios250, and it needs the wifi module to load.

is there any way to get a proper cios with no wifi, or to install nowifi ios 58 into slot 250?\

if i could get a link to the nowifi cios source code that would be nice too.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I don't think so. Use PortablizeMii. Save yourself a world of pain and regret. The setup is not really that bad.

Someone else would be able to tell you about whether or not you could install it on a different CIOS, but I would recommend using Postloader instead.

az4521

well, i would use postloader, except it looks like someone poorly riced windows XP with a """futuristic""" theme.

anyway, i've gotten it to work somehow. i had to install a forwarder .dol into priiloader, make sure it supports ahbprot, and change the boot ios in meta.xml to 58. it's mostly working, except i haven't finished setting up NEEK/EmuNAND so games dont load.

here's the loader i used in case someone else needs it.

Attachments

that's weird because my wii has nowifi_58 cios and cios_249 base 57 installed. And USB loader gx boots up on 249. my games work fine.