Worklog Roberb's first wii portable

So you didn't update to 4.3? Why not?
because back in 2013 when my family got a wii, we did not have tv, or internet and couldn't afford either. I didn't know it could be updated until later on after I had installed hackmii.

BocuD

Portables
The hackmii installer installs the hbc on a IOS that hasn’t been modified, so if he had nowifi already installed (or any other cIOS on IOS slot 58) then the hbc would have been installed on a different slot and the one picked after the 58 is the 61
Oh that makes sense. I’ll use this to install hbc to ios61 in the future for sure, i mean who likes an upside down hbc?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Oh that makes sense. I’ll use this to install hbc to ios61 in the future for sure, i mean who likes an upside down hbc?
Hold your horses there m8y, might be a good idea to ask the PortablizeMii creators if there's a reason they didn't tell us how to install HBC to ios61 instead of 58.

@Aurelio Is there?

Last edited:
well if there is a reason for that, is there a way for me to uninstall it from ios61 and install it in ios58 without bricking my wii or anything or am I better off leaving it alone since mine's been like this for years?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
First, uninstall the homebrew channel like any other channel. Then, update your Wii to 4.3, and reinstall the hbc. We have only ensured that the pack works on 4.3, so if you're not on that it may work differently and not properly install, or it may have issues we won't be able to help with.

First, uninstall the homebrew channel like any other channel. Then, update your Wii to 4.3, and reinstall the hbc. We have only ensured that the pack works on 4.3, so if you're not on that it may work differently and not properly install, or it may have issues we won't be able to help with.
I was told that's not entirely safe to do since I have cios installed and if I delete it and update that updating a hacked wii may brick my console since it's got cios.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I was told that's not entirely safe to do since I have cios installed and if I delete it and update that updating a hacked wii may brick my console since it's got cios.
Nah, that's just people who don't know what they're talking about trying to prevent people from updating because they think it's bad. The update just patches ioses and updates the system menu. @Aurelio should be able to confirm if you're concerned.

Alright well I installed both priiloader and hbc. Then I updated the Wii to 4.3u. Later tonight I'll reinstall portablizemii and nowifi cios.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
No, don't. If the hbc is not flipped it means that it's not running on a NoWiFi cIOS (or any other cIOS for all that matters), so it wouldn't work without the WiFi module.
@Roberb: Install stock IOS58, then reinstall the hbc and make sure that it's running on IOS58. Once you've done that, install PortablizeMii

No, don't. If the hbc is not flipped it means that it's not running on a NoWiFi cIOS (or any other cIOS for all that matters), so it wouldn't work without the WiFi module.
@Roberb: Install stock IOS58, then reinstall the hbc and make sure that it's running on IOS58. Once you've done that, install PortablizeMii
Would deleting the hbc and updating from 4.2 to 4.3 install stock ios58?

I deleted hbc as per Cheese advised. Then proceeded to update to 4.3u and used letterbomb to install hbc. it once again installed it to ios61 instead of 58. I really don't know what to do here or even see what the issue with having it on ios61 is. Also reinstalled portablizemii with Cheese Installer and it kept nowifi_ios58 installed. My wii isn't bricking itself or crashing or black screening, so is there really much issue here? I'm just kind of confused on what it is I should be doing to be within portablizemii standards.

edit: i also have downloaded this. I have not used it yet as I'm unsure if I need to. Won't it remove hbc and nowifi_ios58 if in use it?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I deleted hbc as per Cheese advised. Then proceeded to update to 4.3u and used letterbomb to install hbc. it once again installed it to ios61 instead of 58. I really don't know what to do here or even see what the issue with having it on ios61 is. Also reinstalled portablizemii with Cheese Installer and it kept nowifi_ios58 installed. My wii isn't bricking itself or crashing or black screening, so is there really much issue here? I'm just kind of confused on what it is I should be doing to be within portablizemii standards.

edit: i also have downloaded this. I have not used it yet as I'm unsure if I need to. Won't it remove hbc and nowifi_ios58 if in use it?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer
If you want to avoid any troubles, run the PortablizeMii installer and select the option to keep the WiFi module. This will install the stock IOSes.
Once you're done, remove the hbc and reinstall it back, this should make the hbc to work on IOS 58.
Now run again the PortablizeMii installer and select the option to remove the WiFi module.

If you want to avoid any troubles, run the PortablizeMii installer and select the option to keep the WiFi module. This will install the stock IOSes.
Once you're done, remove the hbc and reinstall it back, this should make the hbc to work on IOS 58.
Now run again the PortablizeMii installer and select the option to remove the WiFi module.
well that did the trick. thanks! postloader says nowifi_ios58 and when i go into hbc it's flipped upside down and i can tell it says ios58 on it.