Question First Wii Portable. These parts good/compatible

Hey Builders. I've been studying for about a week now and browsing parts and was questioning, these parts good and/or compatible. If there's something i'm missing, tell me, if there's a cheaper version or a better version of the item, tell me and i'll change it! Anyways, here are the parts!

Soldering Iron
Solder
Wire
Switches and Tactile Switches
USB Storage and Port
Battery Stuff
Controller Stuff
Screen (Probably Going to Change since its almost outta stock)
Other
As i said before, if anything is wrong or can be changed, tell me and i can change it

Last edited:
Total Cost (at the moment) $344.16

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That screen you've listed is 480x272, so the picture's going to be pretty bad. I recommend a 640x480 or 800x480 one for better visuals. I have one of these and it's pretty dank. The battery protection circuit and charger don't match as well. The circuit is 14.8v, the charger is 7.4v. You need to pick one voltage and stick with it. Are you planning on trimming your Wii?

Also, take a gander at Digikey and Mouser for some of the parts you've found on amazon. It's usually cheaper, better quality, more reliable, better variety, and the parts all come together in antistatic bags.

You can also check the BOM for more commonly used parts and cases, and links to find them.

Last edited: