Question Wii problem pls help

So my wii isnt outputting video, sound, or the normal boot menu. But what it will do is take discs, eject discs, and turn on. It wont turn off but the indicator lights turn on. Its very annoying and need to have it fixed.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Do you have the WiFi and Bluetooth module attached? This happened to me consistently when I had problems with my no-wifi ioses. Have you installed PoryablizeMii on it? Is it a new Wii? We need more info.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So my wii isnt outputting video, sound, or the normal boot menu. But what it will do is take discs, eject discs, and turn on. It wont turn off but the indicator lights turn on. Its very annoying and need to have it fixed.
Did you buy it like that? In that case it might be bricked.
Do you have no video or black screen?

Do you have the WiFi and Bluetooth module attached? This happened to me consistently when I had problems with my no-wifi ioses. Have you installed PoryablizeMii on it? Is it a new Wii? We need more info.
I forgot to mention it outputs a black screen, it isnt modded, i ve had it for a while

Nope, no kinds of softmodding, It was working fine last night! I was playing goldeneye and brawl and nothing seemed wrong at all, its like all the software just decided to become corrupt! I thought it was a power problem at first.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Sounds like either a) a module came loose and the system is refusing to boot, or b) the nand flash died.
You press the power button to do a soft power off, but if the system is frozen, or locked in some kind of loop (like when there are issues with hardware) you have to hold the button longer to force the system to shut down.

Sounds like either a) a module came loose and the system is refusing to boot, or b) the nand flash died.
You press the power button to do a soft power off, but if the system is frozen, or locked in some kind of loop (like when there are issues with hardware) you have to hold the button longer to force the system to shut down.
Thank you! I think its the module, i will get back to you if i fix it