BitBuilt's First Building Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prizes are still being worked out. We're trying to find a happy medium. We understand that not everyone is a gamer, not everyone wants tools, etc.

What are some things you guys would like to see?
I think it makes sense to kind of feed back into the modding community. Tools, kits, even anything from aurduino to components. And games make sense too, as we are modding gaming systems generally. I feel like so long as it brings people either closer to what we do here or makes people more well equipped to do what takes place here, it is a good idea.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Hmm, I'm not sure to be honest. I'll ask some of the other staff what they think and getc back to you.
If you wanna enter multiple projects, you have to enter multiple times.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Do tou mean paying multiple times the 2$ fee? If so it's ok, but fo I have to pay it right now? I'm still unsure
Yeah, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to have multiple chances to win for the same price as everyone else paid. Take your time, there's no rush.

Mooper

If everyone gets a single vote, wouldn't entering more than once lower your odds?

Noah

retired
Portables
If everyone gets a single vote, wouldn't entering more than once lower your odds?
Everyone will be getting two votes because we are going to allow people to vote for themselves. Being forced to vote for someone else means that in the end, someone will have more than one vote.

JacksonS

Portables
The original post mentions presenting an "album of completed projects". Should there be worklogs and documentation of those or just pictures?

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Is there going to be a special forum for contest worklogs? It'd be easier for people to look at the all the entrants if they were centralized and not spread across several forums.

Noah

retired
Portables
And commissioning motherboard trimming is prohibited, correct?
Correct.

The original post mentions presenting an "album of completed projects". Should there be worklogs and documentation of those or just pictures?
Up to you. We just need to see a couple of WIP images that prove that you built it to make the contest fair.

Is there going to be a special forum for contest worklogs? It'd be easier for people to look at the all the entrants if they were centralized and not spread across several forums.
Yes. I actually meant to put the section out. It already exists but I forgot to make it public. All worklogs can be put there. Once the contest concludes, they will be moved to their respective console forums for documentation purposes.

Hello, i'm really new to this forum(just registered today xd) but i want to enter. I have a question, It has to be a console mod or can i make a project with a Pine64/Arduino.?

Noah

retired
Portables
Pine64 would be better since it can emulate. Mainly this contest is for portable gaming units I guess you could call them. :P

That includes Rasp Pis and any other device that can emulate that isn't already a portable.

Oh, ok thanks! (really i need to wait for the Pine to arrive, but it should arrive SOON i guess, when arrived i will pay the fees.)

Status
Not open for further replies.