Worklog Ryan's wii portable

Then make it happen. What's your plan for constructing it?
But I already got a ZN45 case, but sure I will try to design it today will take along time, I also do t even have a 3D printer and will just get if from www.3dhubs.com (hopefully)

I've made a list of things I'm going to get to relocate the stuff on my motherboard:
Compacitors, and on/off switch. Is there anything else I need? Thanks in advanced

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
scotch tape(better than soldier imo)

:awesome:Designing the ZN45 case

Attachments

If I'm done cutting the trace how do I go about putting the screen in there? Hot glue perhaps? Or duck tape?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
If you could find a way to mount it without glue using screw posts or something else, that would be ideal. If not, hot glue and epoxy work

I was looking at Gman's first Wii portable worklog and he used hot glue to hold the screen in there...

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I was looking at Gman's first Wii portable worklog and he used hot glue to hold the screen in there...
Hot glue is the easiest, but using screws is better. I never said hot glue is bad, but finding a way to make the screen removable should something break is always better. Hot glue isn't particularly durable, too. For portables, anything and everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Being able to unbuild everything is advantageous. If something breaks, and you can't disassemble it, you are going to have so much regret.

Hot glue is the easiest, but using screws is better. I never said hot glue is bad, but finding a way to make the screen removable should something break is always better. Hot glue isn't particularly durable, too. For portables, anything and everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Being able to unbuild everything is advantageous. If something breaks, and you can't disassemble it, you are going to have so much regret.
Thanks, I can't use screw post because I don't know how lol

Would the ZN45 case feel weird if I spray paint it? And do I need to sand it down before?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to frankencase a new3ds xl button face plate so I don't have to use hotglue to hold down the buttons?

So I'm about to solder on some compacitors are these the right ones I need?

Attachments

Nope. Just return those to the store since you need one of these. Pick some up at your local Home Depot.

Lol, I'm actually really serious though. And that meme is getting pretty old...

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Lol, I'm actually really serious though. And that meme is getting pretty old...
The more you fight the meme the more memey it becomes. Learn to embrace it.

To answer your question, yes that will work. Just has to be 100uF with a voltage rating greater than your input voltage.