WII LAPTOP FOR SALE

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
That's a steal and a half.
It's actually extremely normal where I live. I go to the flea market every single weekend and pick up at least one, if not two wiis for that price. Plus whatever else strikes my fancy. Today I got the 2 wiis, a gamecube, a ps1, some games, and a bunch of controllers and cables for about $30. I love the flea market xD

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Can I sell my broken xboxen 360 there? I have a metric fuckton and a half of them
Probably. I actually picked one up and was like "oh I'll fix the rrod" and in the space of ten minutes managed to punch myself in the face with pliers and scrape my hand hard along the pointy soldering points. I don't think I'll be picking another one up xD

Edit: why do you have so many?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Edit: why do you have so many?
So you know all those wiis I'm selling? They came in a lot of consoles, which also included PS3s and Xbox 360s. All as-is, which is fine for the wiis, those things are tanks, but not so much for the xboxen/ps3s...

RROD can be super easy or super hard, depending on what is wrong (indicated by one to four red lights). One red light means you need to reflow the GPU, two means the console overheated and probably needs new thermal paste, three can mean many things but usually the ram is upset, or the CPU needs to be reflowed. Four means you're a doufus and didn't plug the video cable in :P

The hinge makes me cry tears of rust....

And then the sensor bar isn't even built in, and it doesn't even run on batteries.....

Is this Fiskers trolling again?
Dude, i don't have alot of tools and supplies. Im very limited in making a product that fits your high standards. I would appreciate it if you stopped putting comments that don't help my product or help me try to make a better one. And no im not fiskers, but i have seen him on modretro and hes the only active user on there at the moment lol

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
When BB created the Wii portablizing scene, "Wii laptops" completely lost their novelty and in terms of price, 250 in any currency is way too much for this.

No matter who you are or what your reasons are, if you post stupid shit you're gonna get called out on it. This is going to be universally true across the entire internet, so the sooner you understand this the better off you'll be.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Dude, i don't have alot of tools and supplies. Im very limited in making a product that fits your high standards. I would appreciate it if you stopped putting comments that don't help my product or help me try to make a better one. And no im not fiskers, but i have seen him on modretro and hes the only active user on there at the moment lol
Your project is a Wii with a screen screwed on it. The hinge doesn't have any sort of locking or friction mechanism, so you had to put something behind it to hold it at an angle. You didn't even take 10 minutes to integrate the sensor bar in the screen bezel (which by the way looks like is cut with a kitchen knife out of styrofoam).
And you're asking $250 for it...

Last edited:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I'm not criticizing your project, but I do recommend that you revise your eBay listing.

"This is a VERY sturdy item, every wire, and every casing was tested to withstand any force or pressure. All because its very sturdy doesn't mean you can hold it by the corner of the screen or the audio amp."

I would take that part out since looking at it shows that it's not very sturdy. The switch for the screen is hot glued onto the outside of the console and is likely to fall off if bumped. If someone bought it and something came off, they'd have a valid case that the item was not as described, despite you saying "no returns".
Also $250 probably isn't going to appeal to many buyers, because they could buy a Nintendo switch for about that price.

It's also your obligation to disclose that the wii is missing its bios battery and tray, as that affects functionality. Whoever buys it will have to buy parts off eBay to make it a complete wii.

Like I said, I'm not criticizing your work, but if you don't describe your item accurately it could get you into trouble with eBay or leave you with bad feedback if someone buys it (which impacts your ability to sell expensive things).

Just take it man, everybody needs criticism, that's how we get better, so in my case you do need to be judged so you do better next time...
250 rupees?
3$ My doode.

Last edited:

Bakuku

Portables
@theengineer , look just going to be honest with you... That thing looks like SHIT, Period!
As described above, you need to disclose every detail before selling your stuff. And the asking price is way too much for something that looks like it's been made in less than half an hour.

Instead of selling this item, post it in the finished project thread and look at the feedback you get. Use that feedback to improve your skills and maybe you'll be able to produce a product that catches someone's eye!

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Yeah, you basically reinvented the wheel, but the wheel is out of date now. People here are making hovercrafts.
It doesn't have any useful features. I can buy a Wii, some speakers, and a nice TV off of Craigslist for $200.
So I'd take a step back and ask yourself why this project is cool or useful. You've presented your project to the public and they've stated their opinions. If you want people to tell you "good job" then earn it.

@theengineer , look just going to be honest with you... That thing looks like SHIT, Period!
As described above, you need to disclose every detail before selling your stuff. And the asking price is way too much for something that looks like it's been made in less than half an hour.

Instead of selling this item, post it in the finished project thread and look at the feedback you get. Use that feedback to improve your skills and maybe you'll be able to produce a product that catches someone's eye!
yea I don't even think it should cost about $250 and with shipping! This guy is out of his mind, Maybe like $20 at the most, if I do get it (which I probably won't) I'll probably just take the Wii. LMAO Just like what Bakuku said build something that will attract people's attention! :)
I can probably get my laptop and run Dolphin and my will look much better without even having to do anyhting...