Worklog 1st Portable Worklog!

Memed

Basically a small family of accounts at this point... Back on topic, can't wait to see this finished!
Getting back on topic: Just realized I forgot to order the audio amp and speakers, will get on that tonight while I try and arrange a pickup for a few Wiis. If anyone can help me with my screen aswell thatd be great!

Memed

Ordered what (hopefully) should be the last things I need, and am able to get 6 four layer Wiis. Unfortunately, most of the stuff I ordered will be arriving at the end of next week, right before I go on a class trip, so I won't be able to make progress for a while. I'll keep you guys posted on whatever I manage to get done.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
This is funny hahahahah I really want to see the finished product, I ve never trimmed a motherboard, just the pure fear and blood rushing with the little people on your shoulders yelling in your ear and the eye of the moon staring down at you and the console itself whispering " Dont kill me, im only a console...."
image-President_Freddy_Krueger-SHANKY.png

Memed

Picked up 6 wiis, all with disc drive issues. Got 3 to boot right off the bat, one is missing a disc drive, one has no video, and one has some sort of power issue. Got PortablizeMii installed on one that works, will try to trim it when I have some free time.

Memed

Finally got around to trimming and sanding another Wii. 4 layer, just like last time, except I taped it up when dremeling and took extra caution when trimming to make sure I do not repeat my mistake.
IMG_0919.JPG
Done trimming, will finish up sanding later after I get some higher grit paper. If I am correct, I need to sand the sides until I see four distinct layers. If anyone could give me an example of what this looks like that would be great!
P.S. PLEASE point out any broken traces or components. I know I came pretty close to cutting the NAND traces again!
IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0921.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG

Wait a minute what case are you using for your portable? I know it's polycase, just which one?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Based off where you trimmed, it looks good so far. Use your meter and check all the voltage lines to each other and to ground.

Memed

Wait a minute what case are you using for your portable? I know it's polycase, just which one?
Either the SL-68 or SL-57. The Wii itself fits into both cases, admittedly a bit snug in the smaller one, but if I can fit all of my components in the Sl-57 I will use that one.

Based off where you trimmed, it looks good so far. Use your meter and check all the voltage lines to each other and to ground.
I did check the voltages, and nearly everything shorted to ground. I plan to finish sanding when the high grit sandpaper I ordered comes in. In the meantime, I'm going to work on U10, power, and the case.

Either the SL-68 or SL-57. The Wii itself fits into both cases, admittedly a bit snug in the smaller one, but if I can fit all of my components in the Sl-57 I will use that one.

Isn't that kind of a tight squeez for your portable? I'm using a ZN45 case with mine, so I have all the space in the world, LMAO

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables

I did check the voltages, and nearly everything shorted to ground. I plan to finish sanding when the high grit sandpaper I ordered comes in. In the meantime, I'm going to work on U10, power, and the case.
Check the resistance, if it's low it doesn't mean it's shorted.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Check the resistance, if it's low it doesn't mean it's shorted.
This is very true. I thought my 1.15v was shorted, but it wasnt. That line should have about 30 ohms of resistance, so I'd double check it. :)