Worklog 1st Portable Worklog!

Memed

Finally got done trimming the Wii, havent gotten around to sanding the edges or relocating anything. Did a cut a bit smaller than the OMGWTF trim, but as far as I can see everything is fine.
image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg
What do you think for a first timer?

Memed

Memed

Ayy welcome to the club of nike swooshing the nand traces
I'm sure someone could fix it (potentially yourself in the future), so don't just toss it, but be careful next time :P
Yep I'll keep it around. In the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can snag a Wii on eBay to try again sometime.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
What reading this thread reminds me of:

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

But in all seriousness, don't worry too much about messing up. We all start somewhere and as long as you learn from your mistakes, you'll do just fine.

Just remember that the Staff has put hundreds of hours into the Guide Hub and there are good reasons for the trims being where they are.

I'm looking forward to seeing you complete this!

Memed

What reading this thread reminds me of:

View attachment 2111

But in all seriousness, don't worry too much about messing up. We all start somewhere and as long as you learn from your mistakes, you'll do just fine.

Just remember that the Staff has put hundreds of hours into the Guide Hub and there are good reasons for the trims being where they are.

I'm looking forward to seeing you complete this!
Excactly how I'm trying to approach the situation! Just learn from your mistakes. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

On a plus note, the screen and some IR Leds came in. I bought the screen with the tiny board on eBay, but the board layout seems a bit different than what is shown in this guide- https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/screen-with-the-tiny-board.455/#post-4154
Here is what my screen looks like and the pin I think I need to pull up marked in red-
Image-1.jpg
If anyone could confirm that this is the pin or lead me towards the correct pin that would be great!
Edit: A pair of tweezers should be good to pull the pin up, right?

Memed

A few more things just came in, and I finished mapping out where I will dremel into the case. If anyone could help me with my screen that'd be great!

This is funny hahahahah I really want to see the finished product, I ve never trimmed a motherboard, just the pure fear and blood rushing with the little people on your shoulders yelling in your ear and the eye of the moon staring down at you and the console itself whispering " Dont kill me, im only a console...."

Portables
Lol!
This is funny hahahahah I really want to see the finished product, I ve never trimmed a motherboard, just the pure fear and blood rushing with the little people on your shoulders yelling in your ear and the eye of the moon staring down at you and the console itself whispering " Dont kill me, im only a console...."
Tf? Lmao!

GC64

Portables
Coke is a hell of a drug

Memed

what

Noah

retired
Portables
there's no way this guy can't be fiskers