Question PSP go Pre project troubleshooting

Hey everyone,

I've made this thread because I've encountered an important and puzzling problem, which to my knowledge no one has experienced before.

So, I disassembled my PSP go with great care and, after taking a look around the board, noticed a major problem. The system refused to switch on.

Here's the strange part, though. Without the screen or the connector, it works perfectly:

Then, I tried with the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the MB:

No issue there.

However, once I connect the screen:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGtMi8anwLAO5DG/giphy.gif

The power light flashes once and that's it. Nothing else.

I've checked the connections and they seem to all be intact.

I even bought a replacement screen but it has the same problem:

What would you suggest I do? Perhaps order a replacement ribbon cable?

Thank you for any suggestions.

I did try with the battery first, but removed it for these pictures because it was too cumbersome.

And yeah, the problem is no one seems to know much about psp go modding, so I guess I've started pretty strongly.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Does the case have any contacts for the system to detect when it's pieced together or taken apart? Just like the back panels of some cell phones have contacts to tell when the battery compartment is opened.

If that's the case, maybe the board sans screen is booting in "dumb mode" where it's not actually booting at all. But with the screen attached it's making an effort to boot but refusing since it's detecting that it's been disassembled. Can you attach speakers without the screen? If you could start it up without the screen and hear the startup jingle, that could disprove my theory.

Does the case have any contacts for the system to detect when it's pieced together or taken apart? Just like the back panels of some cell phones have contacts to tell when the battery compartment is opened.

If that's the case, maybe the board sans screen is booting in "dumb mode" where it's not actually booting at all. But with the screen attached it's making an effort to boot but refusing since it's detecting that it's been disassembled. Can you attach speakers without the screen? If you could start it up without the screen and hear the startup jingle, that could disprove my theory.
It doesn't seem to have contacts. Besides, I've opened it up before and it still worked, screen included.

Reconnected the speakers and powered on, to no sound. Reconnected the headphone jack, heard that power was going to it but no sound. It seems your 'dumb mode' theory might be plausible, but I still dont know why it doesn't boot with the screen now, especially when it did before.

Perhaps a blown fuse?:?:
I checked, but I somehow doubt it. I've taken the PSP go apart before and it didn't have any trouble booting with the screen.

Could it be that the motherboard is damaged? If so, that would be really annoying considering I payed 100 euros for it. It hasn't even got many good pieces to salvage from it.