Discussion GC+ Mini contest

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
GC+.png

I've few GC+ left and I've decided to give away three of them, so I'm making this mini contest.
To win a GC+ you have to design a portable (any kind, not strictly a Wii or GC) and share with us your sketches. I want you to show as many details as possible, so the more sketches you show better is your chance of winning a GC+. Post also sketches of internal placing of the different parts.
You can post both drawings and CAD designs.

This contest is only about design, you don't have to post pictures of an actual working portable.
Please notice that the portables designs have to be feasible, so don't show sketches of portables so thin that don't even have space for a battery, or other similar things.

The designs will be judged considering few points like aesthetics, feasibility, dimensions, internal parts placement.

I will judge all the designs and pick the three users with the best ones. Each user can post only one design and it must be posted here.
The contest ends on the 1st of February and the results will be posted few days later.

I look forward to see what you come up with :)

Last edited:

Bakuku

Portables
Great! Im almost done with mine and I have to take everything out in a day or two to paint so I'll be able to make some designs around it!

Will these units come pre programmed or would we still need to use the provided homebrew to set the deadzones?

Greets

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
All of them will be updated to the lates firmware and they will have the stock ranges, but eventually I might change the ranges and the deadzone as you wish.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Could these sketches be put somewhere the everyone could see? I'd love to see how other people put their ideas down!

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Is this a ploy so Aurelio can steal the best designs and build them himself?:P

Got my next project planned already. I'll get it drawn up either on paper or crappy MS Paint diagram (more likely) which will hopefully generate some hype before the build.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Is this a ploy so Aurelio can steal the best designs and build them himself?:P
Hey this is actually a nice idea! :P

Got my next project planned already. I'll get it drawn up either on paper or crappy MS Paint diagram (more likely) which will hopefully generate some hype before the build.
Paper or MS Paint are perfect, as long as everything is clear. Writing dimensions next to all the parts might help :)

Noah

retired
Portables
c0adbrown.png

I'll just PM you my shipping address now cause I know this is going to win.

I call my creation, "COAD BROWN" after poop obviously.

It features a 1080P LCD from an iPhone 7 because it's super thin and my case is 12 inches thick so I need all the room I can get. it uses 2 wii2hdmi modules to convert it to HDMI and then a VGA/HDMI converter so I can use GCVideo with my wii

Also I put in a nice 1/4" stereo jack so that it's compatible with older headphones.

Oh yeah, you can only charge it with a magsafe charger but I took the magnets out because the wood frame I'm using wouldn't hold them in so you have to tape the carger in when you want to charge the unit or just hold it while you play

I put in USB-C and only USB-C because it takes courage to move towards a more versatile future.

also I custom made circuit boards from OSH park but they wouldn't fit in the wood frame so I had to trim them and connect everything with wires

also im not using GC+ but rather the stock controller for a nice authentic gamesquare feel but i am going to make my own gc+ soon because I bought microcontrollers for dummmies volume 2

thank

Last edited:

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Wait, would the project for the proposed design (or design for the proposed project?:?:) have to include a GC+? Because mine is a Pi portable with plans to wire tacts directly up to GPIO.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Wait, would the project for the proposed design (or design for the proposed project?:?:) have to include a GC+? Because mine is a Pi portable with plans to wire tacts directly up to GPIO.
Nono, any sort of portable is fine :)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond

I'll just PM you my PO Box now cause I know this is going to win.

I call my creation, "BIG PURPLE" after the purple color of the xbox obviously.

It features a 1080d LCD from an Galaxy S4 because it's super thin and my case is 12 inches tall so I need all the room I can get. it uses 2 component cables to convert it to 1080 resolution and then a VGA converter so I can also use it with my CRT

Also I put in some nice digital speakers so that you never need headphones.

Oh yeah, you can only charge it with a bentomo 1.5A charger but I replaced the electrolytic capacitors with ceramic because they're the same so you have to charge it outside otherwise it will explode in your house.

I put in a gamecube condtroller and only use original because i have a raphnet GC->XBOX adapter.

also I custom made circuit boards from elemint 14 but they wouldn't fit in the case so I had to contact the "BenHcek" show and ask for help from Feelits.

also im not using an HDD but rather the stock disk drive for a nice authentic xbox feel but i am going to make my own disc drive soon because ashen stuck a new disc holder onto my drive for me

thank