Recent content by Why's the Rum Gone

1. Why's the Rum Gone

Cocktail Arcade Cabinet

I see gamecube ports but where does the disk go? Is it that vertical circle on the lower right? And are all of those slot relocations?!?! That's fantastic. I fear you maybe a masochist friend but I guess anybody who takes up modding probably has those tendencies.
  2. Why's the Rum Gone

Cocktail Arcade Cabinet

I'm officially calling my custom arcade cabinet complete. The polycarbonate top was the last piece I had to finish. I started this thing a little over 10 years ago. I hit a snag on the hardware side and pushed it to the corner where it just sat while I took care of every other priority in my...
  3. Why's the Rum Gone

Question What are some necessities for a Raspberry Pi portable?

Unfortunately the question is too open ended to really answer. First you have to decide what games you want to run first. That will help you decide the number of buttons/joysticks you need. Then you pick the software you want/need to run that game. After that you can finally choose how you...
  4. Why's the Rum Gone

Question Any recommendations for 3D Modeling Programs?

Fusion360 is the best for hobbyist today. It is free and has revision history. It has a lot features that required very expensive software until recently. Particularly the analysis and CAM. Supposedly it can integrate with one of the circuit design programs but I've never tried it. Setchup was...
  5. Why's the Rum Gone

Worklog Madmorda's WiiBA

I'm really curious about the aerogel. So many questions... What are you using, were did you find the supplies, did you have to make it, and if so how? Those resin prints turned out fantastic.
  6. Why's the Rum Gone

Question Capacitor Suggestions

Just finished a big project. Now my next priority is repairing some of my old systems. I have 2 game gear and 2 original Xbox that are due for new caps. After they are recapped I can decide which ones will get modded and how. I'm not launching these into orbit so it doesn't have to be...
  7. Why's the Rum Gone

Worklog Opposite of Portable

So I know this isn't the main focus of this site but its the only gaming forum I'm a part of and I wanted to show it off to somebody. I finally finished an arcade cabinet I built a very long time ago. I had most of the cabinet complete and some work done on the electronics. Basically I made the...
  8. Why's the Rum Gone

Question Wii Backups

So here is the real reason for no longer just lurking and staring at the all prettys. I have a launch day Wii that I soft modded somewhere around 2007. It recently started scratching game discs and I've decided that it is officially time to get all my backups on a USB hard drive. Problem is I...
  9. Why's the Rum Gone

Waiting in the wings

So I am the worst kind of project person. I come up some crazy idea and then start collecting the pieces for it and never actually follow through or only partially finish a project. I want to know if anybody here is like that and what projects they have sitting on a shelf waiting to be...
  10. Why's the Rum Gone

Worklog PPR

This is so pretty its sickening. Great job
  11. Why's the Rum Gone

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello Old Modretro lurker here. I mostly just repair all my old systems. I only mod the ones that are too far gone to make stock. Probably just lurk here while I daydream of doing my own portable.