Recent content by Vonn

1. Vonn

Guide Xeno GC Modchip Installation Guide

Oooh thanks! I actually stumbled into this portablizing scene because I got a gamecube with an Intec screen and a GB player for cheap a few weeks ago. I didn't wanna buy any games, so I looked into the mods for GC and ended up getting a XenoGC and some mini DVD-Rs. A few youtubes later and I see...
  2. Vonn

Salvage screen, usable board?

Dag. No problem then! Thanks~
  3. Vonn

Salvage screen, usable board?

Hey super friendtendos~ I was hoping I could get some help deciphering the pinouts on this LCD control board I salvaged from an old Nextplay DVD player, and whether or not it's usable for a portable Wii. I wasn't able to find the specs for this screen by googling all the labels on the board...
  4. Vonn

Guide Body Filler Tutorial

Not a great technique when craftsmanship is in mind, but there's a quick trick I picked up from repairing plastics on motorcycles with spare plastic, optional wire, and optional additional plastic (like a zip tie). You use a soldering iron to heat up the plastic and basically weld pieces...
  5. Vonn

Discussion Batteries

Into the fray, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  6. Vonn

Discussion Batteries

Having never worked with batteries before, what's a good, single resource for learning about fundamentals of Li batteries and wiring them into projects? Something I could easily reference. I've skimmed the forums and gathered that you need a protection circuit with lithium batteries, but how can...
  7. Vonn

WII LAPTOP FOR SALE

Almost a portable! It's just like sticking one of those Intec screens on a Gamecube. You could probably get $30 for it on craigslist. You did your thang, dawg. Keep it up.
  8. Vonn

Weirdest thing you've found inside a console?

I found my first Genesis in a dumpster behind a Party City. After taking it home, I opened the shell up to reveal a veritable compost colony; pill bugs, worms, and I think even a centipede. I laid down some isopropyl justice upon its innards. A few years later I actually bought a power cable and...
  9. Vonn

Haikus~

Did someone say memes? I like to participate Only the dankest
  10. Vonn

Worklog Kill Mii (Altoids Tin Portable)

A timeless portable. It will always be in mint condition.
  11. Vonn

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello hello! I'm pretty new. I just have some minor experience with some dreamcast hardmods from several years ago. Trying to into portablizing. I've got some spare Wiis I could try with; gotta research more...