Recent content by Valanduin

1. Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

The UP wire is used to deliver power from the PMS to the USB port on the PD 2, and the PW delivers power from the PMS to the chips on the board. If wire is too thin for the amount of electricity running through it it acts as a resistor and will heat up and reduce the voltage at the other end, if...
  2. Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

PW and UP carry power, you should probably be using thicker wire for them
  3. Worklog My First Project!

There is quite a bit of variance in the resistances you can get on a good trim, your values might be fine, I would recommend posting them so people can check if they are within reason.
  4. Worklog Nemo's G-wii worklog

hot air isn't going to do anything about having too much solder. Trying to remove solder with the iron is only going to work if you are very thorough about cleaning your tip to make sure there isn't any left on the tip when you melt the excess solder on the pins, if there is no solder on the tip...
  5. Worklog Nemo's G-wii worklog

I wouldn't use wick on legs that small, it is easy to bend pins or lift pads with wick on stuff that small. I prefer to thoroughly clean the tip of my iron, add flux, and melt the solder bridging the pins, then carefully remove the iron. The iron will pull away a bit of solder, if that removes...
  6. Solved Portable feature implementation

The easiest way to connect to a tv is to find yourself a switching tri-pole 3.5mm Jack and find yourself a raspberry pi composite cable. Then you can wire up composite video using the same pin out as the raspberry pi and use the switch to disconnect the mode signal from the voltage source so the...
  7. Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

the PMS doesn't provide 12v, so you are going to need to either mod it to run off of 5v or 3.3v (which will require a good deal of electrical knowledge to figure out how to do unless someone else has done it before and posted the info on the internet somewhere) or add in a circuit that will...
  8. Worklog Nemo's G-wii worklog

Yes, it is a problem, the magnet wire you are using is insulated, the insulation is clear so you can't see it, but it is still there, just sticking it through the via is just as effective as leaving the end of the wire completely loose without it being anywhere near anything or not even having...
  9. Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

If the ribbon cable doesn't fit you definitely bought a screen that is incompatible with your driver board, using the one that came with your screen is the cheapest option but it may not run off of the voltages you are able to supply with the PMS. If you can't make it work you can go back and...
  10. Worklog Yet another Ashida Build

My replacement PMS-Lite came in today and I got the wires all swapped over, my wii now powers up as expected, so I guess the u10 emulation was fried on the old one since the voltages were correct but the wii wouldn't boot. I do still have a couple issues left to troubleshoot though. My LED...
  11. Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

For the case? Most people are just ordering from 3d print services like PCBway or shapeways. If you order through those services, make sure you pay close attention to what material you are having it printed in, if you are getting a resin print (if you want a clear print it is going to have to be...
  12. Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

You don't need to relocate the u10 if you are using an rvl-pms-2 or lite, either one will generate the pulse to power on the Wii so you just need to run a wire from the pad on the pms labeled u10 to the via indicated in the trim guide
  13. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Analog audio is possible with the U-amp, but the quality won't be as good and you have to set some jumpers differently, you also may have to cut a trace on the adapter board and use a wire to connect the power input on the U-amp to a different voltage. I haven't done it before but the documents...
  14. Question Help with stock Wii motherboard

If you are going to trim the boar anyways you don't need the SD card slot, rvloader installs on a USB drive anyways and there are multiple methods to jailbreak without using an SD card these days
  15. Worklog A Gwii Worklog (The first in a while)

soldering batteries isn't really a good idea in general, it can be done but the heat can damage them or cause them to explode (particularly with coin cells, which are much smaller and have less mass to absorb and spread the heat). It is much safer to spot weld tabs onto batteries, which does not...