Recent content by TwoLace

1. TwoLace

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] The Wiik Link(First Portable Wii)

Hard to see from the pics, but where will the Z button go?
  2. TwoLace

Worklog Ashida My First Portable

Nice work so far! Can't wait to see it
  3. TwoLace

Worklog Ashida Worklog

Looks great so far!
  4. TwoLace

Solved Which Gamecube joystick should I buy?

Just curious what kind of issues you were having in removing OEMs from OEM controllers? I was able to reliably get them off with a hot air station and making sure the heat was on an angle so that it didn't transfer through and melt any plastic on the joysticks.
  5. TwoLace

Worklog Ashida Worklog - Education Edition

Update 11: June 8 Hey all, unfortunate news this week. After further testing I'm boggled at what's wrong with the portable. It's unclear if it's the multimeter I've been using, the wii itself, or some other unknown issue that I'm unaware of. It spiraled out of control within a day or two and I'm...
  6. TwoLace

Update 10: May 31 Heya! Little bit of a shorter/sad update this week. During my attempts to wire up temporary controller input to show my teacher for the first time, I noticed that there was continuity between 3.3v and GND on the Ashida board, along with a complete lack of input. Long story...
  7. TwoLace

Update 9: May 22 Hello everyone! Long wait, big surprises. I was able to get the very nice resin case from JLCPCB and they did a stellar job, I'd highly recommend them if anyone is in the market for a well done resin case for any project. I spent a lot of last week making final assembly, and...
  8. TwoLace

Solved A question that I figured out, sorry for the spam!

Unfortunately I'm only in the process of building my Ashida and haven't really looked at alternate components, so I can't really give you any alternate links. But the Bitbuilt Discord will definitely be able to provide you those links. I'm super excited to see a design similar to a Wii Classic...
  9. TwoLace

Solved A question that I figured out, sorry for the spam!

The PMS-2 and Lite add custom regulators for your Wii, they're very handy for any project as they provide all the voltages needed in a small compact chip. The GC+ 2.0 is ussed for Gamecube Controller emulation, and it's very handy with the variety of breakout boards for it around. Remember that...
  10. TwoLace

Ashida wii portable

Search up the Ashida page on Bitbuilt, the files are there.
  11. TwoLace

Yeahhh, bless our lord and saviour enamled magnet wire or I would have definitely blown something up by now. Chances are I won't touch anything anymore with the batteries unplugged until the new shiny case comes in.
  12. TwoLace

Update 8: May 9 Bonjour! Big updates this week. Finally got around to trying out video on the wii, and I can confirm that it's booting! I thought I would be more excited but I feel like that'll be reserved until this portable is completed. I've learned so much from this project that having it...
  13. TwoLace

Update 7: May 3 Hellloooo everyone! Great news this week, I was successful in getting the PMS-Lite functional and getting the fan to run, furthermore, all of my voltage resistances on the trimmed wii are looking good and I'm hoping to test video output by Monday of next week. I'm pretty...
  14. TwoLace

Update 6: April 26 Hey all! Been quite a few days since my last update. The trim is finished! I was notified on the discord to remove a few components on the edge of the trim, so I'll be doing that Thursday or Friday. I've also ordered 22 and 30 AWG wire in Silicone, meaning I'll be able to...
  15. TwoLace

Update 5: April 14 Finally have a set date for the trim! (Hopefully) Next tuesday is when I plan to do it. All is going well, and I actually got my hands on the back plate from the person I have requested to do for me since the printer I have is way too small. Hopefully the front plate will come...