Recent content by TopatoJoe

1. TopatoJoe

Solved Whining noise when turning on PMS Lite

Phew! I had similar troubles, turns out 1. The wii trim is... not stable 2. I wired charge and gnd wrong..... yeah dumb mistakes! But hey we all learn from failures.
  2. TopatoJoe

Question RVLoader: What am I doing wrong?

Have you took everything from the unzipped folder and put it individually into the USB? Don't just put the folder in there. (You didn't mention that, may as well check)
  3. TopatoJoe

Solved Whining noise when turning on PMS Lite

Well, I would ask for pictures. But check that you wired all the wires where they should be! Also, try soldering a composite cable and connecting a screen, see if it boots. Then again, wire the U10 if you want to test boot it.
  4. TopatoJoe

Question Best Batteries for Beginners?

Common sense, don't puncture them. Get the largest 18650 batteries you can from reputable manufacturers. 18650's aren't too dangerous and are pretty cheap overall, really just don't be stupid with them and you won't explode them. If you want, you can get one of those battery boxes built for...
  5. TopatoJoe

Worklog "The Halogen Project" My first wii portable worklog

It works!!!! The new Wii boots instantly! Going to design a mount for the tact switches, try to solder the USB as well. My DIY printer works now, so I can now prototype pretty quickly. Pics coming soon.
  6. TopatoJoe

Update: I have received the second Wii, installed RVloader, and trimmed it. Sadly, I needed to clean my workspace today so I didn't have time to test it. The 4 3500 mah batteries have also arrived, I hope to incorporate them into the design soon.
  7. TopatoJoe

I ordered 4 3500mah cells, which arrive tomorrow. I should be having some good battery life with this. Thanks again!
  8. TopatoJoe

Yeah, I also taped the GPU and CPU with painters tape, so shorting it shouldn't have been a problem. And as I said, the wii booted up twice beforehand... I think your probably right, those look kinda melty... But also, my cut was pretty messy. Going to get another cheap Wii... unless someone...
  9. TopatoJoe

Alright, heres some picture of the board. Doesn't boot anymore for some reason. I know the PMS works as the fan spins and my screen powers on, however last night I tried to boot it and it flashed black, then stopped. Now it just doesn't boot, I have tried to cut the u5 trace, rewire u10, rewire...
  10. TopatoJoe

The wii works! I am stupid! I wired charge and gnd the wrong way.... oops.. thankfully board not fried and wii still works. it just takes a while to get to the no USB screen.
  11. TopatoJoe

I realized it could just be my brand spanking new batteries that weren't charged enough, I'll post the wiring soon, sorry I left my workshop earlier yesterday, forgot my camera.
  12. TopatoJoe

Worklog Ps2 portable

You could try to do some E-step tuning, here's a guide on how to do some basic tuning: https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html (if you want to go a more "I want it all tuned" route, try this guide: https://github.com/AndrewEllis93/Print-Tuning-Guide it involves a different printer...
  13. TopatoJoe

Alright, I have trimmed the wii! It booted once with the No USB menu but I couldn't get it to boot again. I wired up the PMS-lite LED but it flashed multiple colors then stopped flashing. The wii fan still fires up and the Wii is still getting hot but it never booted. Any suggestions?
  14. TopatoJoe

Solved Wii booted once after trimming but did not boot afterwards

Hey there! I trimmed the Wii today and it works! well, slightly. It booted up into the "No USB" screen once, however, I tried to boot it up again and it didn't work. The fans spun and the Wii got hot but it didn't have a video signal. The PMS-Lite flashed through a few colors and then never...
  15. TopatoJoe

Worklog Ps2 portable

Your top layers on the print looks a bit underextruded, have you tried tuning extrusion multiplier for that? (Or even just adding more top and bottom solid layers?)