Recent content by Tigerkev

1. Tigerkev

Worklog The WiiCube

Looks cool! Though I suggest maybe putting the start button somewhere more accessible like between the buttons and C-Stick, though a bit to the left, the other side would have the same effect.
  2. Tigerkev

Worklog The WiiCube

AFAIK those are the digital press pads for the triggers, ghere should be some membranes somewhere on that spot. For cooling i would recommend getting a small fan and some kind of small heatsink(s)
  3. Tigerkev

Worklog The WiiCube

First of all, you need to make sure you have an HDMI converter (like the Wii2HDMI or an AVE-HDMI if you don't mind soldering on the board), the Wii doesn't natively support anything other than those pesky old multi wire setups unless you wire things up for VGA internally. I don't know what you...
  4. Tigerkev

Helo

A Portable Wii U would probably not be a good Idea since the components are too far apart on the PCB and saving space by trimming wouldn't be that much of a thing, unless you want an extremely unpractical and huge "portable" you shouldn't try making a portable Wii U.
  5. Tigerkev

Question Gamecube Controller Mod ( 1 Controller, 4 Consoles ) ?

Since this was bumped just 10 days ago here's my proposal: I'm guessing wiring 1 button to 4 GC+ would work as the buttons are just wired to GND, so you could essentially have 4 Controller Wires come out of one GC+ based Controller that has 4 ICs in it. Since the GC+ all have the same inputs you...
  6. Tigerkev

How to look for TFT driver board

OK, that's all questions answered for now then, thanks a lot!
  7. Tigerkev

I'm aware of that and VGA is all I need as I will just be building a Wii portable, though what I don't know is how much power the screen draws as my 3V3 regulator only outputs up to about 3A and I don't want to "underpower" my portable.
  8. Tigerkev

Thanks for the recommendation! Guess I'll have to go with this as any screen of similar quality or size is either not viable or more expensive despite the 4Layer Tech one shipping across continents.
  9. Tigerkev

I can't open the link, could you please resend it?
  10. Tigerkev

Thanks for the help! Though the one you sent in edit 2 sadly can't be bought (with the board) apparently, so I still have to find something else. The board you sent in edit 4 seems to have 50 pins while the screen has 40 pins from what I can tell. If anyone can recommend any sites for screens...
  11. Tigerkev

Heya, everyone! I'm here looking for help once again, this time I need help finding a driver/controller board for a display I think would fit my portable as I have not managed to do so myself. The screen is a 5 inch 800x480p TFT IPS screen, specifically this one. It says something about ST7262...
  12. Tigerkev

Question Help with Wii

You might just have a Wii with solder protection, just scrape at the Vias a bit with an exacto knife and the protection should come right off, then you should be able to solder to the Wii.
  13. Tigerkev

Discussion Pro Joycons using hall sensor Joysticks

Don't know if this helps but I just saw this on Shank's Discord server (this would be to mod the original joycons): They're also from GuliKit, though I don't know if they've been released yet.
  14. Tigerkev

Question Wii wideo owtputs qwestion

RVL-DDs aren't currently available, though that might change one day (hopefully), VGA is (as far as I know) the best type of video output for Wii (except for direct drive, of course) as it doesn't need any external converters like the Wii2HDMI or the AVE-HDMI and is found on most/all good...
  15. Tigerkev

Question Removed LD0 how screwed am i

you might be able to find a replacement on aliexpress or similar sites, otherwise, just get a new wii, they're really cheap