Recent content by tht1Asian

1. tht1Asian

Anyone with a spare 2 AV VGA Board I can buy from

Cool. For now I will just get the driver board, and whenever the IPS displays are in stock, I will upgrade the screen. Thanks for all the help!!!
  2. tht1Asian

Will be doing that then. Thanks for the help. Should I just buy the drive board by itself or buy it with the TFT display?
  3. tht1Asian

Thanks for the heads up. I edited the first post. Since they are programmed for specific LCDs, then I am guessing it will be the easiest just to purchase a new one then?
  4. tht1Asian

It has been a super while since I started my project on creating my own portable, but College and my part-time job has been kicking my butt on actually having the spare time to work on it. And the last thing I was working on was fixing my 2 AV VGA Board, but I might've fried the chip/screwed up...
  5. tht1Asian

Question LCD problems

Hey everyone. I am here to pick at your brains for something. I just trimmed my Wii and was testing it to see if it worked. Tried it it with my LCD screen I bought from Unique Buy on ebay (click on Unique buy for link) and I was never able to actual get the LCD to turn on (the LED light on the...
  6. tht1Asian

Solved A PMS Fuck UP

Thanks for the reply Gman. Will order the capacitors soon. Also, I'll do my best to clean up U7. First time for both my friend and I using solder paste, so it was a bit rough for us.
  7. tht1Asian

Solved A PMS Fuck UP

I got my PMS a couple of days, was wiring things up and did a quick voltage checks, so plugged in my battery and fried the U7 on the board (I rather not talk about it). I replaced the IC on the board today with my friends help (stealing his hot air station), but he and I while finding the right...
  8. tht1Asian

Question Back again with the U10 issue (Un-trimmed)

I got myself BD45302G-TR, put it in place, did the wiring, and plugged it in to power and neither the input or output produced 3.3V. Checked the continuity of each pin and everything was all good. Checked the Vin+ and Vin- pads from the power source and it produces ~12V. Could there be a short...
  9. tht1Asian

Model TMHF07 Dual Action Tactile Switch

Saw that there was no model for the Dual Action Tactile Switch, so here we go you guys. Source of Dimensions: http://www.bentex.com.hk/catalog/switches/tact/html/h-series/tmhf07.shtml Note: Some of the circular dimension were not truly explicit. Also, the depth of the extrusion for the...
  10. tht1Asian

Solved When things go from to crap to even more crap, U10/Overall issues...

Cool. Moved the wire, plugged it in to power and check the pin and power is being outputted. So in the end the IC has been fried. I ordered a replacement. Thanks for the help again. Sad that it happened and still pondering but not caring as much for LED since it will be gone when trimmed, but...
  11. tht1Asian

Yeah I the 1.3V was a typo. I reuploaded my images. I will try rewire the output pin again to be more away from the 3.3V pin and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, I will just order the replacement IC. Also I just want to double check my ohm values ofr the voltage rails. 3.3V ~ 3.87...
  12. tht1Asian

I did check the continuity of the gnd to gnd and 3.3v to 3.3v and got a beep. So the pads are all good. The enamel coating on the magnet wire is stripped to a small amount. I just didn't want to much bear wire showing. Should I strip off more? As for the voltage rails, I think I measured the...
  13. tht1Asian

Thanks for the quick feed back. I went back and added some pictures. i did check the trace and there is no continuity, so its good. I am going to check the voltage rails
  14. tht1Asian

This is my first portable and I am trying my best at it following the threads and all to help me out with my problems, but I am just having a tough time. When I tried to remove the U10 transistor without a hot air station and kinda broke off the leg, but I still had U9, so I packed up the Wii...
  15. tht1Asian

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

How's everyone? New to the Portablizing scene. Heres hoping for a future success for me and all the other newbies.