Recent content by The_Dankest

1. The_Dankest

Solved my wii has 6 layers,displays a black or gray screen.

That also looks like one of those USB c decoy board that can grab a given voltage. Since the charger you're using can only supply 5 volts, the decoy will only supply 5 volts no matter what its set to grab I would also shorten the exposed wire on the usb c decoy
  2. The_Dankest

Read the text on the charger. If it says "5v 1a" then it will never work. 4 layers wiis consume up to ten watts, while 6 layers consume even more. That charger can only supply 5 watts. Try using a different power source. A good one is the stock wii power brick. If you have the wii pcb scrap you...
  3. The_Dankest

What are you using to power the regs
  4. The_Dankest

Question Trimmed Wii doesn't boot

I have a modified trim that retains the both the AV and USB ports. I've reliably booted this trim before using the same regs Im using now: 4 pth08080wah regulators. The voltages are a little off though: 1v - 0.97 1v15 - 1.13 1v8 - 1.75 3v3 - 3.22 All of these readings are on unloaded regulators...
  5. The_Dankest

Worklog Worklog - Behiimoth

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/2255800321000473.html
  6. The_Dankest

In the end they'll be supplied from the 5v usb port of a power bank board. For testing I'm using a usb wall adapter
  7. The_Dankest

I cleaned up all my regs and managed to fix one of pth08080wah regs I messed up. They work now and the wii should boot after I wire it
  8. The_Dankest

Unfortunately while trying to get rvloader work something goofed and now my 1v15 reg is outputting 0v85 (obviously it's not booting anymore). It's a pth regs so I shouldn't ever give less than 0v9 anyways
  9. The_Dankest

Question What’s a Mid tier 5 inch screen I could buy?

Dude got banned lol what Didn't see that coming
  10. The_Dankest

So I have finally wired up all of the regulators, and the trim works! I actually wasn't sure if it would work granted it's my first trim. Before I got it to boot it wouldn't do anything besides heat up, so I checked the voltages and the 1v15 line was at 0v9. Turns out the voltage set pin of the...
  11. The_Dankest

Question Another idea

Anything beyond the ps2 era consumes too much power and generates too much heat to make a practical portable.
  12. The_Dankest

Alysse Wii Portable

Nice! I can't help but notice the Z button looks like pi
  13. The_Dankest

Yesterday I tried to boot the board using the mp1584en regs, and big suprise, it didn't boot. I went ahead and checked the voltages on each rail and sure enough the voltages were dropping more than an acceptable amount (I think the 3v3 rail was giving 2.9v). I could probably crank up the regs...
  14. The_Dankest

Yeah the chinesium regs are on their way out. I'll probably get a pms cause I don't want to deal with setting the voltage on pth08080s