Recent content by The Salty Memes

1. The Salty Memes

Discussion Screen Compatability

Word, Thanks for the help! im just gonna use composite instead. I just looked into what Luma and chroma are, when would ever need to use these pinouts?
  2. The Salty Memes

I already trimmed w/o changing the BIOS setting. I assume that I can still turn it on but it'll look ugly (I HOPEi can still see video LMAO). Im also thinking of connecting the boards with 40 AWG Magnet wire. It'll be a pain in the ass to connect them but it should be more efficient than using...
  3. The Salty Memes

Just bought Just bought a 5"6 GoodDisplay screen, I'm gonna use component to connect the system to the driver board(Y/Pr/Pb, and the H&V syncs are the only things I need to wire , i dont need to wire any of the composite, luma or chroma pinouts?)
  4. The Salty Memes

Dang, well I do have a 6 inch hannstar TFTLCD screen with its driver board that I can use (honestly thought the old stuff was easier to implement LMAO). What's the easiest way to connect the ps2 to said driver board, through its VGA cables? Or using a ps2tohdmi?
  5. The Salty Memes

Question Best way to start designing

I'd say look definetly look through the forums and see what other people did. For me I bought sandpaper to sand down the sides of the cut board, a dremel to do said cutting, some 34AWG magnet wires , 22 and 18AWG wires.;Those are just examples and I'm still looking through the forums myself lol.
  6. The Salty Memes

Hello all! I ve been scourgeing the internet for a good big screen and managed to find an old COBY DVD player. From what I've seen online, it has TFT color display, and has composite out for the video output. I have pictures of the DVD player itself with its model number and the driver. I still...
  7. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

Word, I just recieved one from the mail and gonna test it out soon. Thanks!
  8. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

Awesome, thank you. I want to use a numeric LED display to show off the battery percentage left but I feel like I'd have to use a microcomputer to control all the LEDs. Maybe just using a 4 pined RGB LED would be easier.
  9. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

So I can just connect the barrel jack to the P+ and P- pinouts on the BMS and have the on off switch in series for charging?
  10. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

I was going to be using this. But after checking to see if it is charge&play. I realized it can't even charge li-ion batteries. Do you have any recommendations on a good smart charger?
  11. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

This is the BMS I drew in the picture. I have to find the datasheet for it since it's been a while. I believe the manufacturer is ACEIRMC
  12. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

not gonna lie, I didn't know the P pads could be used for both charging and output. I got to see if the current BMS I have now has compatible pads, Thanks!
  13. The Salty Memes

Worklog My first portable

not gonna lie, I love the craftsman work of it, don't see it around much anymore.
  14. The Salty Memes

USB-C and the BMS

Hello all, My paranoia may be getting the best of me but I need another pair of eyes on this. The USB-C should be in parallel to the power management board(regulators) and be the output of the 2S-BMS. I feel like something about this is wrong... either it's the output of the BMS for it connects...
  15. The Salty Memes

Question Best way to connect 18650 batteries?

I see what everyone did with the G-Boy, it reminds me of the battery tabs you would see in a controller ( the ones with the springs).