Recent content by Stephano

1. Stephano

Question First Wii Portable (Gwii Case). Several Questions before I start trimming.

hmmmmm:rothink: Okay, so what about the current output I'm getting from my generator? it seams rather low. IIRC, shouldn't I be getting around 2A? I'm getting less than 1A on all three voltages. If one of the 6 layers is shorted together, are there two components connected to different layers...
  2. Stephano

Question First Wii Portable (Gwii Case). Several Questions before I start trimming.

I guess that is good new. But what about the 1.15V line? I'm getting low resistance on that as well?
  3. Stephano

The short is still there. I guess I will have to sand it some more. I thought I did a good job sanding. I just really hope that is the reason.
  4. Stephano

Any thoughts on how I can find the short?
  5. Stephano

All of the via wiring I have proven to work prier to trimming. The only via wiring that i have on right now is U10. Edit: I'm sorry if the way i wrote that seemed rude. That was never my intention. Thank you for your advice. When I perform via wiring again, I will replace the wire with magnet...
  6. Stephano

3.3V: 4k Ohms 1.15V: 38 Ohms 1V: 8.5 Ohms So I guess there is a short somewhere but I can't find it :rothink:
  7. Stephano

So I turned on all 3 voltages and I didn't get any signal out of the TV. I've already done a bit of troubleshooting. On the generator, I set the voltages to 3.3, 1.15, and 1 but when I measured them on the board, they were all less. So I raised the output from the generator until I read 3.3...
  8. Stephano

My apologies. The angle of that photo is bad. What you see is a 3.3V wire and a ground wire going to bluetooth.
  9. Stephano

So before I accidently set this thing into flames, It would be great if y'all could quickly look over the board and my wiring just to make sure everything should be ready to go. Some notes: U10 SHOULD be wired correctly. The wire keeps breaking off and I have to keep resoldering it. Blue = 3.3V...
  10. Stephano

That was my mistake, When I edited my post earlier, I forgot to remove "(still confused)". That is my bad and I apologize. As of now, all of my wires except for my video wire is hooked up. Although I hope my the wires I connected for audio are okay. I may or may not have destroyed the 10K...
  11. Stephano

Edit: The two are connected, I just tested. Got it, I went ahead and soldered regular 20(ish) awg wires to all the points Absolutely! :)
  12. Stephano

So I think I sanded the edges of the board pretty good (Lord, I sure hope) and I am beginning to solder some wires that will be connected to the custom regulation. I have a few questions about it. 1. The on board voltage regulator that produces the 1.8 voltage is powered from a 3.3V signal on...
  13. Stephano

I may need a little advice with sanding. 1. I should most likely cover the board with tape again right? just to prevent dust from getting in the GPU,CPU, and RAM? 2. Copper Dust Vs. actual peices of copper. Will a little dust kill a Wii? 3. I have a dremal with a sanding bit on it. I tried using...
  14. Stephano

Well, I did it. I finally dremalled it. How did I do. Oh geez, I'm really worried I messed something up... Let me know if I need to show higher res pictures just to make sure. I know there is still that one piece sticking out. I'll remove that soon. I also haven't sanded it yet. I'll do that...