Recent content by sQuARe3713

1. sQuARe3713

Question Help with first N64

Unfortunately I found out that there was no known u3 alternative. I had a spare broken n64 lying around and was able to grab it off that one. This was the first project I've had to use my hot air station for. I recieved my PIF boards, still waiting for resistors, but progress.
  2. sQuARe3713

Can I use these as a U3 replacement?
  3. sQuARe3713

Got my PIF boards in...I effed up the U3 chip, is there an alternative chip i can use? On the back of the board where the PIF was located their were similar chips, can I use these?
  4. sQuARe3713

So... i checked some continuity using a multi meter i traced all locations on the PIF itself based on the KiCAD files for the PIF relocation board and found that everything indicated had either continuity and resistance except the bottom left leg on the U3 chip. It did not have any resistence...
  5. sQuARe3713

Hello, yes i do, i use the regular black expansion pack, along with pokemon stadium which is working on my non modded systems. When i turn on the system, using composite video, my screen goes from crazy static to calm static while the system is on, not sure if that helps. I remove them to take...
  6. sQuARe3713

Hey guys, so I reviewed the guide more and added wires that connect the grounds and 3.3v to the pins and then verified continuity Changed out the 3.3v lines from magnet wire to 24 awg wire. Added resistor shown in the n64 advance guide Added a headphone jack But am not seeing any luck with...
  7. sQuARe3713

Hi Gman, do you remember what this capacitor was for? This was a photo from your original post when you relocated the pif back in Jan 2020.
  8. sQuARe3713

What about this part? I did not do this because I wasn't sure if I had to connect the capacitors to between any ground and 3.3 v
  9. sQuARe3713

Hello everyone, I am new to the portiblizing community and have just started my n64 portable using the n64 advance trim guide. I am having difficulties getting it started, im sorry if some of the photos attached are horrifying compared to the amazing stuff I've seen here, but I've tried to...
  10. sQuARe3713

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi guys! I started doing light modding at the beginning of the year with hand helds from gameboy dmg to sega game gear but have recently started working on portables. I am finishing up my wii portable and have just started working on an n64 portable. I really appreciate the site, it has helped...