Recent content by Skedaddlez

1. Skedaddlez

Worklog GCShuffle

Hey all, I've been gone a while and was only here very briefly. Life got busy and my previous project (a Wii portable) was put on hold until I am inspired. My current project may interest many of you though! I call it GCShuffle, a fun little board that is capable of mixing up Gamecube...
  2. Skedaddlez

Worklog The Sandwiich

The Sandwiich is definitely coming together! I have finished the casework - unfortunately, my first print of the faceplate ended up having 2 screw-holes completely strip and 3 screw-posts snap off sooooo I spent 2 days recreating the face, with appropriate adjustments. The finishing involved an...
  3. Skedaddlez

Worklog The Sandwiich

I am unbelievably exhausted. After about a month of attempts, a working trim has risen from the ashes of two dead Wiis. Based on my experiences with this one, I think that the second Wii is probably salvageable - I realised I did not set the current limit high enough on my power supply. This...
  4. Skedaddlez

Worklog The Sandwiich

Yeah, and used multiple screens to be sure, so the consensus is that it's carked it, possibly the AVE, possibly the GPU.
  5. Skedaddlez

Worklog The Sandwiich

Hey guys! I figured I should start a worklog, mainly because I have a feeling it will help keep me motivated despite things going horribly wrong! And so begins the Sandwiich, named after its similar form factor to a Maxibon ice cream sandwich. Here is the feature list: OMGWTF Trim with MX...
  6. Skedaddlez

Question No video output on OMGWTF trimmed Wii with native VGA mod

I'll give composite a go tomorrow - I already tried shorting reset and no dice, unfortunately. Thanks Wesk! --- Okay, so I quickly tested composite before bed - also nothing on that output (I did disconnect Mode too) :(. Getting worried about a fried GPU now... Worth noting, I selected VGA in...
  7. Skedaddlez

Question No video output on OMGWTF trimmed Wii with native VGA mod

Hey Bitbuilt! I have been working on my portable Wii, trying to just confirm the trim is working and I can't seem to get any video output... I'll list the measurements I took below, along with photos. --------- Input to Regulators: 7.4V 1v line - 0.9949 1.15v line - 1.1168 3.3v line - 3.348...
  8. Skedaddlez

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

I'm looking to use USB-C PD for my Wii Portable, but unfortunately the BB store is out of stock. Its worth noting I have already picked up some PTH08080 regs and some other parts, such that I wouldn't be using the RVL PMS. I'm also not so attached to the idea of the internal USB that I need it...
  9. Skedaddlez

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi guys, Skedaddlez here. I've been lurking for years, but finally beginning to feel confident about starting a project! Plan is Wii portable for now then a PS2 portable later on... :D