Recent content by Shipyu

1. Question S.I.S: Soldering Iron Suggestions?

I'm using a cheap soldering station for years now I bought from Aliexpress :Link It's from JCD and they have plenty of other tools on their shop. The hot air gun is crap, I couldn't get any lead-free solder melting on large PCBs (PS4) but the soldering iron heats up quite fast and manages to...
  2. Question Should i make my portable emulated or let it have a real motherboard.

That may be off-topic but to play mk online you'll need to relocate the wifi module which is, from what I've read, really hard Also, you'll need to use custom firmware to play on private servers but I don't think that's easily doable in case you use RVLoader
  3. Solved How to run mario galaxy without wii mote ?

No it's not, like a few other levels in the game You'll need to change your game's settings in RVLoader to disable GC2WIIMOTE, enable BT and use a wiimote for motion controls.
  4. Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

It's been a long time since I didn't updated this post but I'm facing some kind of issue with my portable : I'm not using it much currently and I've figured out that the battery % is dropping way faster than I'd expected it would, without using it... It's losing around 6% per day. Battery setup...
  5. Worklog The s-WII-ch (my first Wii portable)

For EU : Akkuteil website This site is a safe place to buy cells. Prices are a bit expensive but I've been using the cells for a few monthes and they're still good, whereas you never know what you'd get on Aliexpress. The ones I got for my portable
  6. Solved Building A Wii Handheld.

Hey ! I just finished making my wii handled a few weeks ago. I've done all the 3D modeling and printing by myself. It could be interesting to check my workblog here so you'll be able to see my component list, how much that hobby may cost you, what skills are required, what problem you could...
  7. Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

To get VGA output by default on RVLoader with the VGA patch enabled, you need to solder the "Mode" pin with 3.3v. To test if you're still getting video right, you can unplug and plug back your video cables so that component mode is forced to the output. I may be wrong, correct me if that's...
  8. Question Help with Wii

Why can't you solder anything to your wii's motherboard? There is a lot of guides which explain what to do first when building a portable, where are all the voltages you want to solder to, what vias corresponds to what functionnality on the wii or on the other modules... You can also find...
  9. Need PS2 PCB cutting service! if anyone can provide

Hi think it would be more interesting for you to buy a cheap cutting tool (I managed to get one for 30euros) and carefully cutting the motherboard. You'll get new skills, it would cost less and you'd have hands on a new tool :)
  10. Worklog The Groupii

Your project looks cool ! :D As I just finished fy first portable wii, i'll give you some advice : At first, you should print every part of your case one by one so you don't waste a day of printing by printing the whole thing at once I've had to print a dozen of parts from the bottom case and...
  11. Will this cause shorts?

It looks okay Be sure to finely sand the edges of the PCB to prevent any short and also check your voltage resistances according to the guide on the forum.
  12. Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

So a lot happened since my last post. Since I needed to remove the current display to change it for a new one, I managed to get in the Wii menu to change the current time. I've printed the top part once more to adjust some things like the display alignment with the top part. Since I was...
  13. Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

I was wrong ! I'm able to boot to the Wii menu ! It's just that I'm getting a black screen but I'm getting the sound.
  14. Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

I tested a few GC Games and I managed to get Luigi's mansion working but no other games like Sunshine. For them, the sound works but I'm still having no display.
  15. Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

I just went back home and I got to the Wii as soon as I could. I fixed all the issues about the shoulder buttons inputs, it was only solder mistakes and copper wires that broke off. After soldering wires directly to the battery, the MX chip now works. I know it's not a great idea soldering...