Recent content by Sad Snifit

1. Sad Snifit

Question The G4 GameCube project

Thanks all! I'll try and find out if a modded NTSC-J to NTSC-U is identical to a real NTSC-U.
  2. Sad Snifit

Well, the GC2-D2C drive didn't fare much better... Still much much noise at booting the consoles, BUT at least the console doesn't freeze immediately. I noticed that the NO/NC button does actually do something: pressing it makes the drive go bzzz, so I guess eject kinda works? Still, I don't...
  3. Sad Snifit

Not much luck on that front. I think the next thing I can do is try and order a Drive version that is known to work, such as: Thing is, they are only confirmed working for NTSC-U IPLs, so.. Wait and see!
  4. Sad Snifit

Does anyone know how to reach @TodorSauce? He seems to know a bit about Wii Drives on GameCube, but I did not manage to get in touch with him.
  5. Sad Snifit

Yeah, still nothing. Also the controller doesn't seem to work anymore when the Wii Drive is connected, for some reason. I'll try and track down the people mentioned in the wiki for help :)
  6. Sad Snifit

Sure, let's give it a try! I wish I'd included it on the board, it would have been much easier ^^'
  7. Sad Snifit

Yep, all connections are good. So either: - my drives are not compatible - my wiring is wrong - instructions are wrong (unlikely)
  8. Sad Snifit

Picoboot will be installed at some point, I can give it a try later if nothing else works.
  9. Sad Snifit

Second drive seems to be a D3-2 (no identification on the chip). Doesn't allow the console to boot either. I guess I'll need to triple check my soldering then.
  10. Sad Snifit

Here goes
  11. Sad Snifit

Sure thing. I'll try and get a better picture too.
  12. Sad Snifit

Last update before swapping drives: I tried with the original Wii flex cable (much shorter, shielded). The console displays the startup animation at full speed, then displays an error message (same as when no drive is connected). So, whether my drive is compatible or not, wire length (and...
  13. Sad Snifit

Here is what the console looks like now, btw. Also, here is my baby <3
  14. Sad Snifit

Hu so I remembered how the wiki said to use keep the wire length to a minimum. So I used a shorter flat flex cable (6" vs 8" yesterday) and, lo and behold, the console managed to boot! Although, the animations were very slow, like quarter speed and quarter framerate. That was very weird and...
  15. Sad Snifit

Not yet, but I had bought another Wii just in case. Thanks for the reminder!