Recent content by ruumoo

1. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

Another round of Development later I have arrived at this: It now wraps around the outside, like Nintendos own Joy-Con Grip and it's super comfortable. I have also further imroved the inside details for printability, mainly by removing some, that have very little purpose and by filling some...
  2. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

after printing the Procontroller Version and playing around with it, i noticed the biggest ergonomic problem so far: tha palm of your hand presses against the joycons lower corner, which is very uncomfortable. So I tried a different design, that has the outer surface flowing into the top...
  3. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

I have compleatly overhauled my Fusion360 file, so now I can make as many versions as I want,starting from a basic Joycon Backshell, but all versions are still parametically linked up to that point, so if I ever need to make adjustments to some measurement, it will update every version. After...
  4. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

I never really liked the name Ergocon, so I renamed the project to ProCon
  5. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

Et voilà! This turned out so much better than i could have ever dreamt. It's super comfortable, super easy to install and even with only one, it makes holding the switch for longer periods of time more enjoyable. The parts fit perfectly, without any post procesing needed, straight from the...
  6. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

Improved this iteration for Printing on FDM Printers. The splitting face is parametricly determined by the the maximum overhang angle variable, so it can be changed for other printers. The large screwholes on the the grip are just temporary
  7. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

This Proof of concept was printed on a Prusa Mini Plus with a 0.4mm nozzle and variable layer height. And it fits!!! The mat white filament is a bit stringy. Glossy Prusament gives waaay better resuts. Next revision will be to split the model in two printable parts, one with the inner details...
  8. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

First Draft of a Gamecube Wavebird derived Joycon. Fusion360 really started to sweat at some points
  9. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

second prototype, sadly cracked while removing from the build platform...
  10. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

First prototype printed on a Photon. The long edge did warp, but the important features fit, so onto the next one.
  11. ruumoo

'Nintendo Switch and Joycon Mesh Models

The Nintendos JoyCon Color Configurator uses unprotected, unencrypted .obj files, which can be downloaded by anyone. They aren't very high poly, but may come in handy for someone If anyone wants to use them for rendering, the textures and .mtl files are also openly accessible via the inspector
  12. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

As many other, I bought a Switch to pass the time during lockdown but after a few day, the ergonomic problems of the joycons in portable mode really started to show. Then I got the idea to create some simple fix for them, that anyone could perform. After taking them apart, I quickly realized...
  13. ruumoo

Worklog Wii motherboard interface PCB / WII Portable (still unnamed)

Full PD handling. If I would just wanted 5V, I could just use a micro-b port. I'm using a STUSB4500 usb-c PD controller from ST. I's great, because it's just doing PD handling and nothing else, so the circuit is very simple
  14. ruumoo

Worklog Wii motherboard interface PCB / WII Portable (still unnamed)

The Feature List is basically in it's final form: -Full analog Sticks (no sliders) -analog triggers -built in sensor bar -bluetooth for wiimotes -3 gamecube controller ports -built in speakers -headphone out -component video out -usb-c charging I have already fitted all the components into the...
  15. ruumoo

Discussion Portablized Wii in Wii U Gamepad - gattering info for now

Yes, you would need a new controller. But first you would have to reverse engineer the old screen. You need to know atleast the exact resolution (visible and invisible) and figure out the pinout of the ffc cable. The you need to figure out the protocol on all lines. Then you could order a custom...